|2010 Kawasaki Teryx
2010 Special Graphics Editions:
Special Graphics Edition Teryx 750 FI 4×4
These unique new immersion graphics packages offer a unique diamond plate pattern that is chemically bonded to colored basecoat paint. The finished product offers a durable, high-gloss, automotive quality surface that looks similar to anodized aluminum diamond plate, but is actually smooth to the touch and easy to clean.
2011 Special Graphics:
What’s New for 2010:
- A new hinged, forward-tilting front hood enforces aggressive new styling, and allows quick access to the radiator and front suspension components, for easier maintenance and suspension tuning.
- New, inset headlights complement the aggressive new styling.
- A larger radiator fan helps keep engine temps under control in slow going, and a larger-diameter hose increases coolant flow and overall capacity. The coolant reserve tank was moved under the front cover for easier maintenance.
- A new ignition cut-out feature protects the brake system by preventing riding with the parking brake on.
- The tilt beds frame is engineered with increased rigidity for even greater durability.
- Other minor modifications aimed at more efficient production and durability keep the Teryx at the front of the RUV pack.
To Stay Ahead of the RUV Pack, Keep Moving
When it roared onto the scene just a couple of years ago, the Teryx 750 FI 4×4s smooth and powerful V-twin engine and sport-tuned wide-body chassis launched it immediately to the front of the Recreational Utility Vehicle pack. For 2009, the Teryx got digital fuel injection and a host of other upgradesand now for 2010, the evolution of this incredibly adaptable vehicle continues: An aggressive new front end with a hinged, forward-tilting hood offers front suspension and cooling system access and eases maintenance. Upgrades to the mighty V-twins cooling system enhance long-term reliability, and an even sturdier tilting bed out back provides extra durability. In addition, a host of detail improvements for more efficient production and vehicle longevity are designed to do what Kawasaki has always done: keep the performance high while keeping the bottom line low.
Power, is of course, at the heart of the matter when it comes to a performance machine like the Teryx, and when it comes to power no other RUV can touch this ones 749cc 90-degree 8-valve V-twin: Not only is this engine plenty powerful, its 90-degree configuration gives it perfect primary balance, for unmatched smoothness at any rpmand a great exhaust note that sets the Teryx apart from lesser RUVs.
or 2010, upgrades to the engines cooling system add even more reliability: The radiators cooling fan (which switches on automatically when needed) is now larger and moves a greater volume of air, while a larger-diameter hose allows greater coolant flow, to help keep the engine cool when the going gets slow and rough. Also, the coolant catch tank has been moved to the front of the machine, where its easily accessible under the very cool new tilt front end. While youre under there, its easier to inspect and clean the Teryxs gas-charged preload-adjustable shocks and dual, long A-arm front suspension setup.
The Teryxs advanced digital fuel-injection system already included functions for automatic altitude compensation, automatic idle adjustment and easy, choke-free starting via a sophisticated array of sensors for inlet air pressure, throttle position, crankshaft position, rpm, water temperature and a vehicle down sensor. For 2010, another function has been added: An ignition cut-out will not allow the Teryx to be ridden away when the parking brake is engaged. That new braking system protection complements the Teryxs CVT Belt Protection System, which, among other good things, automatically retards ignition timing if the system detects engine operation at high rpm for more than two seconds while the rear wheels are motionless (i.e., the belt is slipping), and warns the rider via a flashing belt warning lamp on the dash.
All that electronically enhanced performance is perfectly packaged within an advanced chassis thats narrow enough to navigate most trails (and fit in a standard pickup bed), yet wide enough to offer a roomy cab and an excellent ride. The wide-track design frame uses large-diameter, thin-walled tubing to combine tremendous rigidity with light weight. The upper frame adds roll-over protection, and theres enough room inside to fit two full-sized adults in a comfortable but supportive pair of bucket seats with retractable three-point seat belts.
Once comfortably strapped in, the rider can choose 2WD or 4WD with the flip of a switch, and Kawasakis super-efficient continuously variable transmission takes it from there, to practically anywhere you feel like going. A cockpit-adjustable variable front differential control even lets you fine-tune front-end traction.
Long-travel four-wheel independent suspension, adjustable Kayaba gas-charged shocks at all four corners, a rear stabilizer bar and mid-ship engine placement all work together to tame tough trails, with a high-performance long A-arm double-wishbone suspension design that reduces camber changes for sharp steering at all times. When its time to slow down, dual discs up front and a high-tech sealed oil-bath braking unit out back get the job done with power to spare, while Kawasaki Engine Braking Control uses clever electronics to assist with engine braking on steep downhills. Specially designed 26-inch Maxxis tires designed for the Teryxs characteristics are the final ingredient in its amazingly potent handling package.
A large selection of authentic Kawasaki Accessories are available through Kawasaki dealers for the 2010 Teryx 750 FI 4×4. As with all off-highway vehicle recreation, Kawasaki encourages RUV drivers to drive responsibly and to respect the environment.
Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. (KMC) markets and distributes Kawasaki motorcycles, ATVs, personal watercraft, utility vehicles and recreation utility vehicles through a network of more than 1,475 independent retailers, with an additional 8,000 retailers specializing in Kawasaki power products and general purpose engines. KMC and its affiliates employ nearly 3,300 people in the United States, with 400 of them located at KMC’s Irvine , California headquarters.
Kawasakis tagline, Let the good times roll., is recognized worldwide. The Kawasaki brand has become synonymous with powerful, stylish motorcycles for over four decades. Information about Kawasakis complete line of recreational products and Kawasaki affiliates can be found on the Internet atwww.kawasaki.com.
Features and Benefits
- Teryxs liquid-cooled, 749cc SOHC, 4-valve-per-cylinder fuel-injected, 90-degree V-twin engine cranks out class-leading power.
- Ample torque output from the oversquare, 85 x 66mm engine with 4-valve heads contributes to the Teryxs superb acceleration.
- The 90° V-Twin configuration offers perfect primary balance, resulting in low engine vibration.
- Aluminum cylinders are Electrofusion-plated for light weight, long wear and excellent heat dispersion.
- Engine can be started in any gear.
- Electronically controlled Kawasaki Engine Brake Control helps to slow the RUV when traversing steep down hills.
- The engine is positioned mid-ship, providing optimum front/rear balance.
- Ducts located by the cargo bed direct cooling air to the engine, while a heavy-duty liquid-cooling system keeps temperatures under control in the harshest conditions.
- Large-capacity radiator is compact and placed high in the chassis for protection against mud and debris; a larger cooling fan increases cooling capacity in slow going.
- Engine weight is kept down using many advanced techniques, including carving lightening webs into the crank webs, using rare earth magnets, a small generator and paring excess material wherever possible.
Digital Fuel Injection system
- Digital fuel injection enhances throttle response and automatically adjusts for changes in temperature and elevation, for optimum performance in a wide range of environments.
- The fuel injection system (controlled by a 32-bit CPU) continually monitors coolant temperature, air intake temperature, throttle position, air intake pressure, vehicle speed and crankshaft angle to automatically meter out the ideal amount of fuel via two 34mm throttle bodies for extremely stable power delivery regardless of the conditions.
- FI systems permits easy engine starting at low temperature and utilizes an Automatic Idle Speed Control and Automatic Fast Idle function to ensure smooth engine warm up.
- The high-pressure fuel pump located inside the tank features a unique reservoir chamber at the bottom of the fuel pump to ensure air does not get into the fuel system.
- Specific Teryx-sized throttle bodies and revised ignition timing have increased low and mid-range torque as well as improved response at higher rpm.
- Ignition mapping when in reverse, combined with low-speed operation and deceleration FI settings, enable the engine to deal with increased moisture when driving in shallow water.
Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System CVT
- Featuring high and low ranges, plus reverse, this advanced continuously variable transmission provides a very direct feel from the engine and instantaneous acceleration ideal characteristics for sport riding.
- Transmission utilizes a high-grade, super-durable Kevlar-impregnated belt thats designed to handle the high output of the engine. The drive converter shaft is hard-chrome finished for durability.
- The CVT Belt Protection System prevents tire freewheel, improves rock section performance and reduces belt overloading by adding Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) data into the system.
- Unnecessary belt wear is minimized with a system that reduces engine speed if the engine operates at high rpm for more than two seconds while the rear wheels are motionless.
- A big CVT intake duct, located to keep water and debris out, provides plenty of cooling air to the CVT.
- Heat shielding on the exhaust pipe below the intake duct keeps intake temperature down.
Snorkel Air Intake
- Voluminous air cleaner box containing an oval filter with lots of surface area feeds the engine plenty of clean air, while keeping intake noise down. Easy maintenance design promotes long engine life.
Selectable Four-wheel-drive / Variable Front Differential Control
- Selecting two- or four-wheel-drive is as easy as pressing a switch located on the dash; electrically selectable 2WD/4WD system engages instantly.
- Limited-slip front differential reduces steering effort under normal four-wheel drive operation, while Variable Front Differential Control permits the rider to distribute torque equally to left and right front wheels for maximum traction via a hand lever located between the seats.
- Rear gear case keeps wheels locked and turning together for maximum forward-thrust.
- Large-diameter thin-walled tubular steel frame combines high rigidity, light weight and mid-engine placement a perfect combination for performance riding.
- Tubular cab frame meets SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4, and 7.5, requirements as a roll-over protective structure. (ROPS)
- Sport performance-focused suspension is designed with high-performance driving as its number-one priority.
- Wide track helps provide a great ride, but not too wide to fit in a standard pickup truck bed.
- Chassis has 11.6 inches of ground clearance strikes a perfect compromise between great, low-CG handling and being able to clear tough off-road obstacles.
- Narrow frame concept maximizes the length of the front and rear suspensions lower A-arms, for excellent road-handling performance and minimal geometry changes throughout the suspensions travel.
- Chassis serves up a near-perfect balance of bump absorption and taut steering.
- High-performance, single-chamber, preload-adjustable gas-charged Kayaba shocks provide excellent fade-resistant damping performance in the toughest conditions, while providing 7.5 inches of plush, controlled wheel travel.
- Independent rear suspension provides the best balance of rider comfort and handling at high speeds, along with 7.5 inches of sport-tuned wheel travel.
- The preload-adjustable gas-charged Kayaba rear shocks feature piggy-back reservoirs, further reducing the tendency of oil to froth under hard conditions, and a torsion bar out back helps keep body roll to a minimum.
- Dual front 200mm disc brakes gripped by rigid-mounted 27mm twin-piston calipers provide powerful, fade-free braking and solid feel. The discs are tucked inside the wheels, where theyre protected from debris.
- Kawasakis sealed, oil-bathed multi-disc rear brake system provides maximum stopping power in almost any conditions along with reduced maintenance, thanks to its being completely sealed from outside contaminants.
- The sealed rear brakes compact design contributes to excellent ground clearance.
Large, 26-inch Tires
- Custom 26-inch MAXXIS tires specially developed for the Teryx RUV maximize performance.
- Mounted on 12-inch rims, the largest tires available in the RUV category provide outstanding rough terrain performance and obstacle clearance.
Tilting Cargo Bed
- With 500-pound capacity, tie-down hooks in all four corners, a standard cargo net and generous dimensions, the Teryx and its tilting cargo bed is as functional as it is fun to ride.
- Gas-assist struts keep the bed up for maintenance.
- Reinforced bed frame offers increased rigidity for even greater durability.
- Making maximum use of its cockpit space, the Teryx provides plenty of shoulder and legroom to comfortably accommodate two adults.
- Form-fitting bucket seats and retractable three-point seatbelts serve up a comfortable ride.
- The padded steering wheel is positioned low for optimum control when sport riding, and provides additional driver protection.
Multi-Function Digital Display
- Standard on all models, the Multi-Function Display includes a digital speedometer (mph or kph), clock, dual trip meters plus 2WD/4WD indicator, water temperature and fuel-injection warning indicators; digital fuel gauge, hour meter, parking brake indicator, CVT belt temperature warning, neutral, reverse and low oil pressure warning lights.
- Thermo-Plastic Olefin bodywork has a great-looking high-gloss finish thats more scratch-resistant than polyethyleneso it stays great-looking longer.
- Engine and undercarriage guards provide maximum protection from rocks and debris.
- Teryxs battery and electric parts are located higher and further away from water and harms way.
- Dual 40W headlights and 8/27W dual taillights mean youll see and be seen.
Range / Transportability
- Large, 7.4 gal. (28L) fuel tank and excellent fuel efficiency provides the range that lets campers and hunters get deep into the bush and back again.
- Even with its wide-track and big tires, the Teryx is compact enough to fit in the bed of most full-size pickup trucks.
2010 Kawasaki Teryx 750 FI 4×4 Specifications
||Liquid-cooled, 90-degree, four-stroke V-twin
SOHC, four valves per cylinder
|Bore x stroke:
||85 x 66mm
||2 x Mikuni 34 mm throttle bodies
||Continuously variable belt-drive transmission with high and low range, plus reverse, and Kawasaki Engine Brake Control
||Selectable four-wheel drive with Variable Front Differential Control, shaft
||Large diameter, thin-walled, high-tensile tubular steel
|Front suspension / wheel travel:
||Adjustable dual A-arm with gas charged shocks / 7.5 in.
|Rear suspension / wheel travel:
||Adjustable Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) with gas charged, reservoir shocks / 7.5 in.
||Dual hydraulic discs with 2-piston calipers
||Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc
||(2) 40W headlights, (2) 8W taillight, 27W stoplight
|Cargo bed capacity:
||500 lbs, 44.2 W x 32.7 L x 11.1 in. H
||Multi-Function Digital Meter with speedometer (mph or kph), fuel gauge, clock hour meter, odometer, dual trip meter and parking brake, R/N/P/4WD, water temp and oil pressure indicators
||Sunbeam Red, Super Black
||Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
9950 Jeronimo Road
Irvine, CA 92618
Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
PO Box 25252
Santa Ana, CA 92799-5252
Kawasaki Teryx Home