|Kawasaki Mule 4010 4×4
Kawasaki Mule 4010 4×4 Information:
When a four-wheel-drive vehicle is a must for hauling gear around farms, fields or to remote locations, the new Kawasaki Mule 4010 4×4 is the off-road utility vehicle of choice, thanks to its full-size chassis and a powerful engine now equipped with digital fuel injection (DFI). Besides the new DFI system, the Mule 4010 4×4 also features a new electric power steering (EPS) system, selectable four-wheel drive, a fully-automatic transmission, locking rear differential and a tilting cargo bed.
The new 2009 Mule 4010 4×4 is powered by a liquid-cooled 617cc four-stroke V-twin. Managed by a digital Electronic Control Unit (ECU), its new DFI system compensates for variations in atmospheric pressure, engine and air temperature. This helps make engine starting smoother and more consistent, gives better throttle response and its improved fuel metering helps reduce fuel consumption. The system incorporates an automatic fast idle speed control which activates when the engine is cold, eliminating the need for a manual choke. The system also regulates maximum engine speed, eliminating the need for a mechanical governor.
The powerful 617cc V-twin engine is mated to a continuously variable transmission (CVT) that features both high and low range plus reverse. Power is transmitted through a dependable, low-maintenance shaft drive system, to a dual-mode rear differential that can be locked to maximize traction, or unlocked to improve handling and minimize ground disturbance when making tight turns. Mule 4010 drivers can also engage four-wheel drive for extra traction in difficult conditions.
The low effort rack-and-pinion steering on the Mule 4010 4×4 is made even easier with a new electric power steering (EPS) system. EPS reduces turning effort by up to 30 percent, especially at low speeds in four-wheel drive, using input from vehicle speed and torque sensors to determine how much assistance is needed from the systems electric motor. With the forward/reverse, high/low-range gear lever and the four-wheel drive selector within easy reach on the dash, drivers can focus more attention on negotiating rough or fragile terrain. The coolant temperature warning light is easy to see, and a push-button control activates the headlights. Other standard features include an hour meter, a horn and an air restrictor gauge to indicate when the air filter needs to be cleaned or replaced. The fuse box and oil dipstick are equally convenient, located underneath the seat for quick access.
The rugged styling of the new bodywork on the Mule 4010 4×4 is much like the modern pickup trucks often working in conjunction with this versatile utility vehicle. The panels continue to be the durable, color-molded plastic that helps hide scuffing. Its front hood can be lifted with the pull of a dash-mounted knob and allows access to a now deeper storage space, which has convenient D-rings to help secure cargo. Additionally, two lever latches make opening and closing the tailgate easy. The roomy cab on the Mule is surrounded by the large-diameter steel tube frame structure that meets federal Roll Over Protective Structure (ROPS) requirements.
Convenience features on the new Mule 4010 4×4 arent just limited to easy-access latches or controls; they also extend to owner-friendly features like the winch-ready tabs located under the front grille, which greatly-simplify the winch mounting process.
The Mule 4010 4×4 chassis includes a ladder-type frame riding on a DeDion type rear leaf-spring suspension, which is designed to carry heavy loads yet provide a smooth ride when the cargo bed is empty. MacPherson struts handle front suspension duties and provide a good balance of comfort and load capacity. Effective stopping power is provided by four hydraulically operated, self-adjusting, sealed drum brakes that are designed to resist contamination from water, mud and other debris. Large 23-inch low-pressure tires provide a comfortable ride, great traction and help minimize impact over a variety of terrain.
Features at a Glance:
– Optional REALTREE Hardwoods Green® HD camouflage
– New digital fuel injection (DFI) system
– New electric power steering (EPS) system
– All-New Styling
– New Dashboard
– Four-wheel drive
Liquid Cooled, V-Twin Engine
– Four-stroke, 617cc V-Twin industrial engine produces exceptional torque at low engine speeds
– Modern four-stroke design with overhead valves for efficient running and good fuel economy
– Large capacity radiator and fan maintain consistent engine temperatures, even in hot climates
– Rubber engine mounts minimize vibration, noise and wear to maximize operation comfort and diminish fatigue
Digital Fuel Injection
– Computer controlled fuel injection system automatically compensates for atmospheric pressure, air and engine temperature, for easy, prompt engine starting under a variety of conditions
– Automatic fast idle speed control eliminates the need for a choke, allowing the operator to drive off immediately after a cold engine start
– Throttle bodies feature sub-throttle valves for optimum performance and drivability. The sub throttles are located behind the main throttle valves and controlled by the ECU for smooth throttle response
– Automatic digital ignition system helps ensure smooth efficient operation
– Maximum engine speed is controlled by the ECU, eliminating the need for a mechanical governor
– Offers easy engine operation and reduced maintenance requirements
Cab Frame Air Intake
– Draws engine air and converter cooling air from the top of the cab frame where theres less dust, so the air filter stays cleaner longer
Environmentally Friendly Emissions
– DFI precision reduces fuel consumption and cuts exhaust emissions
– Positive crankcase ventilation system sends blow-by gasses to the intake tract to be burned in the engine
– Muffler features a U.S. Forest Service-approved spark arrestor
Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System (KAPS)
– Fully automatic continuously variable transmission (CVT) features forward high and low and reverse, and helps keep the engine in the right operating rpm for a variety of vehicle speeds, loads, or terrain
– The CVT has a wide spread of drive ratios for quick acceleration and ample pulling power
– An open sided drive pulley cools better for longer belt life
– Offers adjustable belt deflection
New Electric Power Steering (EPS)
– The EPS system reduces steering effort, especially at low speeds when turning effort is greatest
– Input from a vehicle speed and torque sensors determine the amount of steering assistance required from the systems electric motor
– To keep from possibly draining the battery, the EPS only operates when the engine is running
– When engine is stopped, more force is needed to turn the steering wheel even if the ignition is switched on
4-Wheel Drive with 2-Speed Transfer Case
– Selectable four-wheel drive gives the operator traction options
– Shift to four-wheel drive and low range for maximum traction in adverse conditions or select two-wheel drive and high range to cut gear wear and increase fuel economy
Dual Mode Differential
– Dual-mode rear differential can be locked for extra pulling power and maximum traction or unlocked when traveling across delicate terrain
Independent Strut-Type Front Suspension
– MacPherson strut long-travel front suspension provide a comfortable ride and excellent load-carrying capability
– Stiffer springs prevent bottoming and increase ground clearance
DeDion Rear Suspension
– Overload-style leaf springs can handle heavy loads, yet provide a smooth ride when the cargo box is empty
– Semi-independent action
4-Wheel, Self-Adjusting Sealed Hydraulic Drum Brakes
– Four wheel brakes are self-adjusting and feature extra sealing for protection against mud, dust and debris
– The brake drums have an added flange and seal to keep out mud and water
– Low maintenance and powerful
Wheels and Tires
– 23-inch tires with stiff sidewalls for an improved the ride and added ground clearance
– The rear wheel bearings use two rollers in one large bearing for added durability
– The wheel bearings seals on all four wheels have 3 lips for better protection
– New body is a rugged, modern truck look style
– Now has dual glove boxes and cupholders for both the driver and passenger
Front Hood with Storage Tub
– Large under hood storage tub holds cargo out of site
– Offers quick, easy access with a push-button latch
– Includes four D-rings for securing loads
Tilting Cargo Bed
– Steel cargo bed can carry up to 800 pounds and tilts for quick unloading
– Thick tailgate panel and secure latching tailgate locking pins reduces vibration and noise, and adds durability
Rugged and Capable
– Can tow up to 1,200 lbs with optional Kawasaki Accessory draw bar
– Meets federal Roll Over Protective Structure (ROPS) requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4, and 7.5, and also meets FMVSS 216 roof crush resistance requirement
– Bench seat can carry up to three
– Durable chassis includes winch-ready mounts to simplify winch installation
– The oil dipstick and filler tube are accessed under the seat
– Cyclone-type engine air cleaner has meter to indicate when to replace the filter
– An automotive-style fuse box is convenient and uses blade-type fuses
– A horn and 12V DC outlet with 10 amp capacity
– The 2WD / 4WD lever is mounted on the dash for easy access
– Relocated parking brake and coolant temperature warning lights are easy to see
– Shift lever with Y-gate pattern eliminates need for Hi-Lo switch lever
– Push-button headlight switch activates 35-watt cat-eye headlights
– Standard equipment hour meter
Popular Accessory Items
– Soft or Hard Top
– Enclosed Cab
– Cab Heater
– Snow Plow
2009 Kawasaki Mule 4010 Specifications:
- Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, overhead valve V-twin
- Displacement: 617cc
- Bore x stroke: 76 x 68mm
- Compression ratio: 10.3:1
- Carburetor: Digital Fuel Injection
- Air filter: Snorkel-type with cyclone-type two-stage dry replaceable element
- Oil filter: Automotive-type spin-on canister
- Ignition: Digital electronic
- Electrical: 12V, 18 amp-hour battery, alternator
- Transmission: Continuously variable transmission (CVT) with high and low range, forward, neutral and reverse
- Final drive: Shaft, selectable four-wheel drive with dual-mode rear differential
- Exhaust: Muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor
- Tires: 23×11-10 tubeless
- Front suspension / wheelbase: Independent, MacPherson strut / 3.9 in.
- Rear suspension / wheelbase: Semi-independent, DeDion axle with leaf springs and shocks / 2.8 in.
- Steering: Electric power assisted rack-and-pinion
- Brakes: Four-wheel hydraulic drums, sealed
- Fuel capacity: 6.2 gal.
- Curb weight: 1,563 lbs.
- Overall length: 130.1 in.
- Overall height: 75.8 in.
- Overall width: 58.5 in.
- Wheelbase: 85.2 in.
- Ground clearance: 7.1 in.
- Roll over protective structure (ROPS): This structure meets ROPS requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, and 7.5 and meets the FMVSS 216 Roof Crush resistance requirement
- Cargo bed dimensions (LxWxH): 50.4 x 47.7 x 11.3 in. / 15.6 cu. ft. (2-passenger mode) 30.3 x 47.7 x 11.3 (4-passenger mode)
- Load capacity: 1,330 lbs.
- Cargo bed capacity: 400 lbs. (4-passenger mode) / 800 lbs. (2-passenger mode)
- Towing capacity: 1,200 lbs.
- Turning radius: 12.8 ft.
- Top speed: 25 mph, governed
- Lights: (2) 30-watt sealed-beam headlights, (2) 5/21-watt taillight/stoplight
- Instruments: Parking brake warning light, coolant temperature warning light, horn, 12V DC outlet, speedometer
- Color choices: Woodsman Green, Dark Royal Red
- MSRP: $10,499
Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
PO Box 25252
Santa Ana, CA 92799-5252
Kawasaki Utility Vehicles