Baja Inspiration With Power Steering
Being the first ROV in history to actually complete andwin the grueling Baja 1000 race, that about sums up the undeniable performance and durability of the Prowler 700 XTX. An all-new Baja racing-inspired round tube canopy, Electronic Power Steering (EPS), new steering wheel, digital gauge and heavy-duty 14-in. aluminum wheels highlight the changes for the 2011 sport-inspired XTX.
Electronic Power Steering, new to the Prowler XTX for 2011, and a 5-position tilt steering column enhance the 700’s Industry Leading handling. Arctic Cat’s Variable Assist EPS allows steering assistance to the XTX before it even starts to move at idle. This is a huge benefit to conserving the rider’s input energy when in 4WD, especially when the differential lock is engaged. Arctic Cat EPS reduces the torque necessary to steer the XTX when changing direction with a loaded cargo box or navigating tough obstacles like rocks, deep mud or logs.
Arctic Cat engines have power where it matters: the ground. Arctic Cat H1 engines have more pulling power, more climbing power and more acceleration. The torquey, 700H1 engine with Electronic Fuel Injection puts power to the ground via the front and rear suspensions. Fully-independent, double-A-arm front and rear designs have 10 inches of suspension travel and 10 inches of ground
The Prowler cab is equipped with dual bucket seats with 3-point driver/passenger seat belt, rearview mirror (except in Camo models), a center console complete with drink holders and dual 12V accessory plugs. Spring preload adjustable shocks are used on all four corners for the ultimate in terrain and load adjustability and a front locking 4WD differential with an all-in-one 2WD/4WD/Diff Lock rocker switch button for quick engagement shifting and rear mounted swaybar for improved trail driving.
NEW FOR 2011
- COLORS: Green Metallic, Copper Metallic, Tungsten Metallic, Viper Blue
- SPORT CANOPY: ROPS certified – Baja-inspired round tube canopy
- GAUGES AND STEERING WHEEL: Digital gauge redesign with seat belt indicator light and new steering wheel
- THROTTLE: Redesigned foot throttle with lighter actuator spring
- PARKING BRAKE: Console-mounted automotive-style parking brake
- 695cc, SOHC, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine with EFI
- 600-lb. box payload capacity
- 1,500-lb. towing capacity
- 2-in. front and rear receiver hitches
- 14-in. aluminum wheels
- 5-position Tilt Steering – lever activated for easier entry/departure and leg room.
- Tool kit is conveniently molded into the passenger side seat for easy access and secure fit.