UTV of the Month for October 2009
This Rhino was the brainchild of Brian Bush of RotaxYourRhino.com. The Rhino has had a new Rotax engine from CanAm. The cage and a lot of the fab work was done by Lonestar Racing.
I had the opportunity to catch up with Brian and Greg from Lonestar in Glamis over Halloween weekend while they were out testing it for the first time. Let me tell you, it came out awesome.
Sleek lines really set off this Rhino. No way to tell there is anything up with any engine swap from here, but hidden within lies a Rotax 800 v-twin engine complete with 12:1 pistons, Woods cam kit, Muzzys Dual exhaust and how does 62 HP at the rear wheels sound?
Fox 2.0 DSC Position Sensitive Dampening shocks with Lonestar arms and Muzzys Dual Exhaust set off the rear. This is the new Lonestar Racing XTR-F 6.5″ wider long travel, featuring front and rear shock towers for Fox position sensitive shocks, 14.5″ of wheel travel, easy adjust caster, optimum shock geometry, and low leverage ratios for racing conditions.
Love the 8.5″ Fox shocks poking through the hood attached to Lonestar’s new shock relocation bracket.
The Rotax Your Rhino engine mounts and skid plate take a lot of the fab work out of dropping a Rotax into a Rhino chassis. Everything is powder coated, strong and looks great.
2006 Yamaha Rhino
- Rotax Your Rhino Engine Installation Kit
- Rotax 800cc 12:1 CP pistons, Woods cams – Built and tuned by Rotax Your Rhino
- Lonestar Racing Long Travel Kit
- Lonestar Racing Custom Cage, Bumper and Fabrication
- FOX – 2.0 8.5″ and 10″ shocks with Position Sensitive Dampening
- Muzzys Performance Dual Exhaust
- PWR Radiator and Oil Cooler
- Dalton Clutch
- PCI Race Radios
- PRP Seats
- Fuel Cell
- Unisteer power steering
- PRP harness’ and window nets
- Mr. RPM billet oil cooler adapter
- Trail Logic skid plates
- UTV Crap odds and ends
- Quick-light wireless whip
- Trinity Racing spindles
- Seizmik center console
- HJC Helmets