Henderson, NV – The Best in the Desert 2009 season finale was held today in Henderson, NV. The Henderson FabTech Desert Classic was the last off-road adventure in the line-up of what the Best In The Desert Racing Association considers a very successful and exciting 2009 racing year.
With the standings for the season still up for grabs in the Class 1900 UTV going into this race, it was important for the top three in the season points race to finish well. Heading into today’s race, Brandon Schueler (1919 – Polaris RZR S) was in first, Mike Lasher (1924 Kawasaki Teryx) was in second and Jim Creagan (1947 Arctic Cat Prowler) was in third.
Today’s race for Class 1900 UTV was 2 Laps on the approximate 60-mile loop for 120 mile race.
Today’s unofficial results are as follows:
1. Mike Cook – 1912 (Polaris RZR S)
2. Brandon Schueler – 1919 (Polaris RZR S)
3. Jason Murray – 1917 (Yamaha Rhino)
4. Mike Lasher – 1924 (Kawasaki Teryx)
5. Cory Sappington – 1902 (Yamaha Rhino)
6. Jim Creagan – 1947 (Arctic Cat Prowler)
If these unofficial results hold, that will put the 2009 Best in the Desert top three as:
1. Brandon Schueler – 1919 (Polaris RZR S)
2. Mike Lasher – 1924 (Kawasaki Teryx)
3. Jim Creagan – 1947 (Arctic Cat Prowler)
More information on the Best in the Desert race series may be found at: www.bitd.com