There’s little doubt: Kawasaki’s all-new Teryx4 750 4×4 is the best possible vehicle for transporting a group of outdoorsmen – and their gear – to that far-off campsite. Its size, carrying capacity, range, durability and amazing performance make the statement a no-brainer.
But with its radically curvy bodywork smothered with a coating of Realtree® APG™ HD® camouflage, the Teryx4 turns into something else entirely: the world’s pre-eminent hunting-oriented RUV.
It’s true: Kawasaki’s all-new 2012 Teryx4 750 4×4 Realtree APG HD has everything a hunter – and their sportsman friends – could want, especially when it comes to stealth, the unit’s Realtree camouflage accurately mimicking the look of a woodlands area. The camo treatment makes this hunting-oriented Teryx4 blend in like no other RUV in existence, allowing a hunting crew to get where it’s going without attracting attention.
Of course, being built on the Teryx4 EPS platform means the unit also includes all the EPS model’s features, including the amazing Electric Power Steering system that make both slow and fast riding such an easy, confident affair.
The Realtree-spec Teryx4 is a perfect combination of performance and ease-of-operation: Its additional seats mean you can take extra buddies along for the hunt (or transport extra help out to the work site). And with the EPS system’s light, low-effort steering, the ride there and back – on fast trails and in tighter situations – is exceptionally comfortable and easy.
- All-new model for 2012
- Room for four means twice the personal payload and twice the fun. And with the rear seats mounted higher than those in front, rear-seat passengers have a better view forward – and have an easier time getting in and out
- Perfectly balanced 749cc V-twin engine with digital fuel injection offers more power, especially in the low and mid range, exactly where a four-seat RUV needs it
- All-new Double-X frame design offers rigidity and durability for the Teryx4’s extra weight and higher carrying capacity
- All-new bodywork package offers good looks and extreme durability for the long haul, with scratch-resistant material used throughout
- Sport-focused suspension front and rear offers an ideal compromise between sporty control and superb ride comfort
- Roomy interior lets driver and passengers stretch out, while ample cargo space means you can take along plenty of supplies and gear
- Short wheelbase versus the competition allows a short 16.7-foot turning radius (handy in tight situations) and the ability to climb over obstacles that would ground longer and lower vehicles
- Superb off-road ability, including high-grade Maxxis Bighorn 26-inch tires on 12-inch rims, 10.8 inches of ground clearance, a 17-degree break-over angle, and 23.6-inch water fording depth
- Continuously variable transmission (CVT) and category-first centrifugal clutch offer sporty performance and the slow-speed throttle precision needed in tricky or slow-speed conditions
- Electronic three-mode 4WD is controlled by a handy cockpit switch and allows instantaneous changes from 2WD to 4WD and 4WD with differential lock for maximum traction situations
- Dual 200mm front discs and a sealed multi-plate rear brake system help provide stopping power
- Convenience features include standard colored doors, auto-style parking brake, roomy cargo area with four tie-down loops, full instrumentation, hand-holds, two-tone seats, over fenders for mud protection, opening front hood for easy maintenance and much more
- Multi-function instrumentation offers the driver a host of important information, including speed, hour meter, fuel level and much more
|Engine:||Liquid-cooled, 90-degree, four-stroke V-twin|
|Valve system:||SOHC, four valves per cylinder|
|Bore x stroke:||85 x 66mm|
|Fuel system:||DFI®, 2 x Mikuni 36mm throttle bodies|
|Ignition:||TCBI w/ electronic advance|
|Transmission:||Continuously variable belt-drive transmission with high and low range, plus reverse, and Kawasaki Engine Brake Control|
|Final drive:||Selectable four-wheel drive with Variable Front Differential Control, shaft|
|Frame:||Double-X design using large-diameter, thin-walled, high-tensile tubular steel|
|Front suspension / wheel travel:||Adjustable dual A-arm with gas charged shocks / 7.8 in.|
|Rear suspension / wheel travel:||Adjustable Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) with fully adjustable, gas charged, reservoir shocks / 8.3 in.|
|Front tires:||Maxxis 26×9-12|
|Rear tires:||Maxxis 26×11-12|
|Front brakes:||Dual hydraulic discs with 2-piston calipers|
|Rear brake:||Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc|
|Overall length:||125.2 in.|
|Overall width:||62.0 in.|
|Overall height:||77.3 in.|
|Ground clearance:||10.8 in.|
|Lighting:||(2) 35W headlights, (2) 8 W taillight, 24 W stoplight|
|Cargo bed capacity:||249 lbs., 47.6 W x 17.9 L x 8.7 in. H|
|Towing capacity:||1,300 lbs.|
|Curb weight:||1,616 lbs.|
|Fuel capacity:||7.9 gal.|
|Instruments:||Multi-function digital meter with speedometer, fuel gauge, clock hour meter, odometer, dual trip meter and parking brake, CVT belt, R/N/P/4WD, water temp and oil pressure indicators|
|Color:||Sunbeam Red, Scout Green|
|Wholesale distributor:||Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
9950 Jeronimo Road
Irvine, CA 92618949-770-0400