By Jon Crowley
I absolutely love to off-road at Sand Hollow State Park in Utah. The place is absolutely beautiful, and there are lots of trails for every level of rider. This year, I once again attended the SxS Adventure Rally and decided to bring our 2021 Can-Am Commander to see how it would handle this type of rock crawling.
One of my favorite trails at Sand Hollow is called Double Sammy. It isn’t that long of a trail, but there is a new challenge at every turn. Although I took on several other trails with the newly redesigned Commander, I really wanted to see how it would do on Double Sammy.
Check out the video below to see how it performed:
- Comfortable and capable UTV on this trail.
- I really like the low-range on the 2021 Commander. Adequately low for technical rock crawling even with the larger-than-stock tires.
- Turf Mode enabled rear differential allows for tight turning radius.
- Smart-Lok front differential (XT-P model only) gives you three options to control the differential from Trail to Locked.
- 32-inch tires rub slightly with front sway bar disconnected.
- One thing I’d like to see improved is the visibility over the hood.
We have customized our 2021 Can-Am Commander with the following accessories:
- Shock Therapy dual-rate spring kit and valving
- FOX iQS
- 32-inch System 3 XCR350 tires mounted on System 3 beadlock wheels
- SSV Works audio system
- Rugged Radios intercom, radio and helmet air
- Factory UTV UHMW skid plate
- Buggy Whips LED flags
- Assault Industries / Baja Designs Nighthawk mirrors
- Baja Designs Squadron LED bumper lights
- BRP LinQ bed rack with LinQ cooler, tool box and storage box.