A new desert race is coming to the 2019 King of The Hammers (KOH) Week lineup. The Toyo Tires Desert Invitational Presented by Monster Energy will feature 30 elite off-road desert racers in an invitation-only, traditional open-desert, off-road truck race in Johnson Valley, CA. This marks the return of unlimited off-road racing to the sports birthplace: Southern California. It is also the first time that 4 wheel-drive will not be required of trucks to compete during KOH Week. The invited teams will vie for $125,000 prize purse making it the richest off-road race in the history of the sport. Drivers will qualify and race on the same day; Thursday, February 7th, 2019.
With the Desert Invitational taking place on Thursday, The Every Man Challenge featuring the 4800 Legends, 4500 Modified and 4600 Stock ULTRA4 classes will move to Wednesday, February 6th, 2019. The UTV race moves to Sunday, February 3rd.
Qualifying and tech/contingency for the UTV race will take place on Friday.
According to an email from Dave Cole, Ultra4 Racing will speed up registration, tech and qualifying for UTVs as follows:
- Fast track lines in registration for the UTVs.
- Qualifying on Saturday will be broken into 30 car groups scheduled every hour.
- Tech will be performed while you are in line for qualifying.
In the past, course map will be released on Thursday, so that leave just part of Friday and Saturday to pre-run. Tight schedule for sure.
Registration for KOH Week is expected to open in the fall and all news and updates are available at www.ultra4racing.com
Mitch Guthrie Jr. coming down Backdoor during the 2018 UTV race for the win.
- 2018 Can-Am King of the Hammers UTV Race Recap
- 2018 KING OF THE HAMMERS UTV RACE PREVIEW
- HISTORY OF THE KING OF THE HAMMERS UTV RACE
- 2017 KING OF THE HAMMERS UTV RACE RECAP
- 2016 KING OF THE HAMMERS UTV RACE RECAP
- 2015 KING OF THE HAMMERS UTV RACE RECAP
- 2014 KING OF THE HAMMERS UTV RACE
- 2013 KING OF THE HAMMERS UTV RACE
- King of the Hammers Archives