Earlier this month we unveiled SPOT Connect at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Can’t go anywhere without your smartphone even when you venture off the grid? SPOT Connect turns your smartphone into a satellite communicator. You can keep in touch with friends, family and emergency personnel.
Download the SPOT app and link up your smartphone with SPOT Connect via Bluetooth. SPOT Connect links your smartphone to communication satellites. Stay connected with your social network; send short email messages, text messages with GPS coordinates and in a dire emergency, transmit an SOS message for international emergency response.
Check out all the new features on SPOT Connect:
- Send location-based messages via satellite to others delivered as SMS text or email
- Send custom “Type and Send” 41 character text messages from your location
- Update social networks including Facebook, Twitter and SPOT Adventures from remote locations
- Provide GPS functionality to non-GPS devices
- Utilize proven SPOT messaging features – Send custom or predefined messages, Track Progress on Google Maps™, or transmit an SOS message in an emergency
- Store up to 10 predefined messages for quick reference and sending
- Create and save contact groups to receive your SPOT Connect message. Each contact group can contain multiple contacts consisting of cell phone numbers and or email addresses
- On device SOS button for standalone emergency operation
- Web & Mobile account management
- Bluetooth wireless connection
The SPOT Connect app can be downloaded anytime and works when SPOT Connect is registered with SPOT Basic Service and paired with the smart device. SPOT Connect is compatible with some of today’s leading smartphone operating systems such as Android.
For more information, click on SPOT Connect.