What Is a Dual Idler?
Perfection takes time. After years of research and development, SuperATV has made their dual idler gear portals unlike any other. By placing a second idler gear in the portal box, the load gets spread over twice as much surface area for more reliable torque transfer and the strongest gear set you can get. Two idler gears don’t do a thing if they’re not mated perfectly, though. Precision CNC grinding ensures ours do. Our gears are made from the industry’s toughest 9310 steel alloy. Didn’t think dual idlers mattered? With GDP’s quality and experience, they finally do.
Perfect for All Riding Styles
We don’t like to put riders in a box. That’s why SuperATV GDP Portal Gear Lifts are designed for every rider and every terrain type. Whether you dominate the dunes, trails, or mud pits, GDP will make your experience better. A 15% gear reduction will give you faster rides that pack enough torque to get wild, and the 30% option is perfect for gearing down and going big with monster tires. And if you’re the kind of rider who regularly pushes your machine to its breaking point, you’ll want to grab some dual idlers. SuperATV portals have all the strength you need to push it to the limits.
The Strongest Portals in Existence
SuperATV GDP Portals are the strongest on the planet, so if you’re wondering whether they can handle the trail abuse you’re used to, rest assured they can. They’re available in cast and billet aluminum housings that are thicker and stronger than anything else on the market. Add our 5/16” backing plates made from an advanced steel alloy and you’re left with absolutely unbeatable portals.
- Our housings are reinforced for gear retention and optimized for oil flow
- Advanced steel alloy backing plates are stronger than chromoly
- Enhance with Portal Blood—gear oil formulated for GDP Portals
- There are no gimmicks and no vents because vents do more harm than good—we know because we tested them
Advanced Gaskets, Seals, and Bearings
Our portals use:
- Advanced Thermo-Tork® gaskets and O-rings with excellent oil resistance and low deterioration rates
- A sealed input gear and double-lipped output seal
- 100% sealing coverage throughout so you can forget about oil leaks
- Double-angular contact output bearings to prevent premature wear
- Roller idler and drive bearings to maintain perfect gear meshing
Get a Frame Stiffener for Added Reinforcement
Portal gear lifts are made for hardcore, no-holds-barred adventures. But that type of riding, combined with bigger tires and a lift, puts a ton of strain on your frame. Protect your chassis by adding a SuperATV Frame Stiffener so you can ride without worry.
Top-Rated Customer Service
Still need a little help getting exactly what you need? With GDP, you get a dedicated portal tech support team. Give us a call so we can get the perfect set of portals in your hands today.
Learn More: Super ATV Dual Idler Portal Gear Lifts