By Jon Crowley
While traveling across the country, Teresa and I want to eat as healthy as possible. This means having a cooler with us, but a traditional cooler setup requires searching for ice all the time and draining water on a regular basis.
As an alternative to a traditional cooler, I decided to look into a powered cooler. But I was concerned that the cooler wouldn’t stay cool enough overnight while sitting in the truck.
Then I started investigating portable power stations and zeroed in on the Jackery Explorer 1000 Portable Power Station. It has a built in lithium battery and inverter to power 110V and 12V devices. You can also get 100W solar panels to charge it during the day.
With the cooler purchased and the Explorer 1000 in hand, I wanted to do some testing to make sure my theory played out. I was pretty impressed with the results and think this setup is going to work out perfect for this trip.
Powered Cooler Test with the Iceco JP40 powered by Jackery Explorer 1000:
Jackery Explorer 1000 + Keurig coffee maker and electric water kettle test:
More Jackery Explorer 1000 Details
The Jackery Explorer 1000 is portable and compact, designed to weigh only 21.8 lbs with an easy-carry handle. Jackery Explorer 1000 portable power station has a larger capacity and higher wattage which can power over 90% of outdoor devices such as blenders, ice shavers, pressure cookers, coffee makers, TVs CPAPs, and an electric grill.
Jackery Explorer 1000 is one of the most powerful portable power stations. With 1002Wh capacity, 1000W rated power (2000W surge power) and multiple output charge/recharge ports, it meets the power supply needs of higher and most power electrical appliances.
- Larger Capacity and Higher Wattages: 1002Wh(46.4Ah) lithium battery capacity, 1000W Rated Power and 2000W Surge Power.
- Multiple Output Ports: Two USB-C, two USB, one DC carport & three AC outlets (with the pure-sine wave). Going off-grid and being able to power your cameras, computers, communication devices and also a CPAP and electric grill.
- Green Outdoor Power Solution: Efficient solar charging with MPPT built-in makes it a solar generator for outdoor recreations. Charge the battery to full around 8 hours by connecting two SolarSaga 100W with an adapter cable (package included).
- Portable and Compact: Weighs only 22lbs, it is carry-friendly with an easy-carry handle.
- The LCD screen with charge/discharge data and battery life status.
With the addition of one or more Jackery SolarSaga 100W Solar Panels our Explorer 1000 can stay charged with the power of the sun! With high conversion efficiency up to 23%, it’s ideally suited for outdoor life and even unexpected power outages. The solar panel weighs only 9.1 lbs, it’s lightweight, foldable and with an easy-carry handle, making it more portable.