New for 2017 –Arctic Cat Wildcat X with RG Pro Suspesion
Arctic Cat Inc. unveiled the 2017 Wildcat™ X and Wildcat™ 4X models that feature an all-new RG™ PRO rear suspension. Commented Christopher Metz, Arctic Cat’s president and chief executive officer: “We are making rapid progress developing new product innovations and are pleased to begin delivering ROV models designed in partnership with Robby Gordon.
New for 2015 Wildcat X
- JRi ECX-1 piggyback gas shocks feature 2.5-in. bodies and reservoirs, plus full compression adjustability, for fade-free suspension performance in all terrain conditions.
- New closed-loop EFI system with catalyst exhaust provides 25 percent improved fuel economy and lower CO emissions for optimal performance in all conditions.
- Half doors have new paddle-style latches for easier entry/exit.
- Arctic Cat Variable Electronic Power Steering has new 20% increase in assist at low-speeds
2015 Arctic Cat Wildcat X Limited with Stage 5 Elka Shocks
The Wildcat 1000 X is the all-new High Horsepower King of the Wildcat 2-seat family. The Wildcat X combines 90 plus horsepower with the industrys leading front and rear suspension, making it the best all-around Pure Sport ROV on the market. High horsepower is only a number on paper if you cant get that power to the ground where it matters. Thats why Arctic Cat engineers partnered with Team Industries to develop a new Drive and Driven clutch that delivers the arm stretching torque and horsepower of the 951cc V-twin engine.
New Team Industries Dry Clutch and Lightened Crankshaft
Team Industries Clutch
The Wildcat X also features a new sway bar that has been designed to work harmoniously with the all-new, 23-position, compression-adjustable FOX Podium shocks and Maxxis Bighorn tires to create an unrivalled pure-sport ROV experience.
The Wildcat X has been tested in some of the roughest off-road areas in the world, including Barstow, California, the expansive sand dunes in Glamis and rock climbing in Moab. Whatever trail you choose, the Wildcat X is for you!
More information on the Wildcat X engine:
The Wildcat X engine is based off the same High Torque 951cc V-Twin that powers the standard Wildcat. The new X engine boasts over 90 hp, 15% more than the standard Wildcat. So how were we able to squeeze even more power out of this torque monster? One of the ways we were able to boost HP is thru improving volumetric efficiency by changing cam profiles to boost its breathing capability. We improved both valve lift and duration, and combined that with a new pistons and a manifold to maximize airflow to the cylinders. This combined with boosted compression ratios made up the bulk of the power gain. The remainder of the HP gains can be attributed to extensive time spent reducing frictional losses and strategic fuel and ignition calibration strategies. As well as increasing HP we also reduced inertia mass in the crankshaft to give this engine a huge boost in out of the hole acceleration.
The Wildcat X engine will require 91 Octane gas because of higher compression pistons, cams and ECU changes.
Wildcat X Features:
- 90 plus Horsepower, V-Twin, SOHC, liquid-cooled, 951cc, Electronic Fuel Injection built for massive torque and the utmost of acceleration
- Industry-leading 5-Link rear suspension with 18-inches of suspension travel and 17-inches in the front and 13-inches of ground clearance
- Full Perimeter Exoskeleton frame with a best-in-class ride-in comfort and leg room
- Variable Assist Electronic Power Steering (EPS) designed to maintain a light steering input effort with an infinitely adjustable tilt steering wheel
- Automatic transmission has a park-in-gear shifter with Reverse, Neutral, High and Low gears while the 2wd/4wd/Diff Lock switch is easy to locate on the dashboard
- Interior has a locking glove box and cup holders, color-matched bucket seats with 3-point seat belts, tube-frame doors with integrated nets and front and rear sport bumpers
- LED Headlights and Taillights utilize 50% less wattage
WILDCAT 1000 X
Wildcat X Video Overview
WILDCAT 1000 X SPECIFICATIONS:
- ENGINE DISPLACEMENT (CC) 951
- ENGINE TYPE V-Twin, SOHC, 4-stroke, 4-valve
- FUEL SYSTEM Electronic Fuel Injection
- COOLING SYSTEM Liquid
- TRANSMISSION/FINAL DRIVE CVT P/R/N/L/H; Shaft; Team Industries Dry Clutch
- DRIVE SYSTEM Electric 2/4 WD w/ 4WD Lock
- SHOCKS FOX Podium
- SUSPENSION TRAVEL FRONT (IN./CM) 17/43.2
- SUSPENSION TRAVEL REAR (IN./CM) 18/45.7
- GROUND CLEARANCE (IN./CM) 13/33
- OVERALL LENGTH – 120″
- OVERALL WIDTH – 64″
- DRY WEIGHT – 1305 lbs.
- SUSPENSION TYPE FRONT Double A-Arm(compression adjustment & reservoir)
- SUSPENSION TYPE REAR 5-Link Trailing Arm,(compression adjustment & reservoir)
- FRONT/REAR BRAKES 4 Wheel Hydraulic Disc
- PARKING BRAKE Park in Transmission
- TIRE FRONT 26x9R-14
- TIRE REAR 26x11R-14
- WHEELS Aluminum
- FUEL CAPACITY (GAL./LITERS) 8.8/33.3
- BED BOX DIMENSIONS (IN./CM LxWxH) 35.8 x 21 x 8.4 in.,90.9 x 53.3 x 21.3 cm
- BOX CAPACITY (LBS./KG) 300/136.1
- PAYLOAD CAPACITY (LBS./KG) 740/335.6
- LIGHTING FRONT White LED, High/Low
- LIGHTING REAR LED, Tail Brake
- ADJUSTABLE STEERING Tilt Steering Wheel
- ELECTRONIC POWER STEERING Yes
- INSTRUMENTATION Digital Gauge, Analog Speedometer, Odometer,Tachometer, Trip meter, Gear Indicator, Fuel Gauge,AWD Indicator, Hi-Temp/Low-Batt Lights, DC Outlet
- MSRP – $18,499
Wildcat X Accessories:
UTV Inc. Winch Mount
More Wildcat 1000 Resources:
- Arctic Cat Wildcat 4
- Arctic Cat Wildcat 4 Review
- Arctic Cat Wildcat
- Arctic Cat Wildcat X Review
- Arctic Cat Wildcat Review
- Arctic Cat Wildcat Rock Crawling Review
- Paddle Tire Testing with the Arctic Cat Wildcat
- New Arctic Cat Wildcat 1000 Video
- 2012 Arctic Cat Wildcat – Testing in the Dunes
- Arctic Cat Wildcat Tour Schedule and Ride Events
- Want to see Arctic Cat’s Wildcat 1000i H.O. in action?
- More Arctic Cat Wildcat Pictures Uploaded
- Arctic Cat Unleashes a Wild Cat at Recent Dealer Show
- Arctic Cat Wildcat 1000 vs. Polaris RZR XP 900
Arctic Cat Inc.
601 Brooks Avenue South
Thief River Falls, MN 56701
About Arctic Cat:
Arctic Cat Inc., based in Thief River Falls, Minn., designs, engineers, manufactures and markets all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and snowmobiles under the Arctic Cat® brand name, as well as related parts, garments and accessories. Its common stock is traded on the Nasdaq National Market under the ticker symbol ACAT. More information about Arctic Cat and its products is available on the Internet atwww.arctic-cat.com