The all-new Yamaha Viking is set to take over for the Rhino as Yamaha’s flagship side-by-side. The Viking is designed for Farmers, Ranchers and Hunters with a 3-person cab, large steel cargo bed and long wheelbase.
The Viking is ready to conquer whatever comes its way with Yamaha’s most powerful 686cc, liquid cooled, fuel injected, SOHC power plant. This new engine delivers strong low-end acceleration and pulls hard through the rpm range to deliver excellent power delivery for getting the job done or when hitting the trails.
|Industries only true 3-passenger cab|
The chassis design includes a convenient pass-through floor for greater ease of on-board movement, making it possible to enter and exit the vehicle from either side. The rear cargo bed is made of steel and is designed for maximum load capacity.
Ultramatic® transmission with dual-range (Hi/Lo) drive and reverse is the most advanced drive system available. An automatic centrifugal clutch maintains constant belt tension for reduced belt wear and uses a sprag clutch for all-wheel downhill engine braking in 4WD mode and reverse.
Industry-exclusive three-position On-Command® 4WD system lets you dial between 2WD, limited-slip 4WD and fully locked differential 4WD.
- The Viking is equipped with Yamaha’s most powerful 686cc engine with a broad, usable powerband. Four-valve head with 10.0:1 compression delivers optimum torque for virtually any workload, and up to a 30% gain in fuel efficiency.
- Electronic fuel injection ensures peak performance in nearly all conditions and elevations, along with instantaneous cold starts.
- Engine braking performance is provided across the entire speed range.
- Large-capacity air intake system contributes to the engine’s overall power development.
- New air injection system burns the un-combusted elements in the exhaust, resulting in even further reduced emissions.
- Specially designed drive system air intake helps prevent overheating and assists in keeping water and debris from entering the drive case.
- Convenient dash-mounted gated shift lever (L/H/N/R) provides simple Ultramatic transmission operation.
- Yamaha’s proven electric power steering system is available on the Viking for excellent handling over all kinds of terrain.
- 11.8-inch ground clearance delivers maximum underbelly protection while enhancing terrainability.
- Large diameter front and rear wheel disc brakes provide unsurpassed stopping power, and the dash-mounted parking brake is simple and convenient to use.
- Standard center-mounted, heavy-duty 2-inch receiver-style hitch can tow up to 1500 pounds.
- Tough, rotomolded doors help keep mud, water and dirt on the trail where they belong.
- Stamped steel dump bed is rated to haul 600 pounds of gear, with two simple, yet proven latching levers on the left and right for maximum durability. In the bed are four standard tie-down hooks to help make sure cargo is strapped down securely.
- The engine is located under the cargo bed and can be easily accessed when the bed is lifted.
- The seat layout is comfortable and versatile for three people. Padded head rests are included and the middle seat is set back for both driver and passenger comfort. The pass-through floor provides on-board ease of movement for getting in and out of the vehicle from either side.
- Digital instrument panel boasts multifunction LCD display with speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter, hour meter, 4WD status, transmission position, clock and fuel gauge.
- Steel skid plate under the frame provides protection from rocks and ruts and helps prevent the Viking from getting stuck.
- Center hood access for battery and other electrical components ease maintenance.
- Latching glove box is included to store smaller items such as cell phones, wallets, etc.
- Dash-mounted parking brake for driver convenience.
- The Viking width is sized to help minimize row crop damage.
- The driver’s seat and passenger handhold are adjustable to maximize comfort and to accommodate the widest range of appropriately sized operators and passengers.
- Equipped with four in-dash cup holders for passenger comfort.
- Large, 9.7-gallon fuel tank allows for long rides.
- Under-seat, tool-free air filter is a snap to service.
|Stamped steel dump bed is rated to haul 600 pounds of gear|
- Model – YXM700PEG; YXM700PER; YXM700PEL; YXM700PHEH
- – 686cc liquid-cooled w/fan, 4-stroke; SOHC, 4 valves
- Bore & Stroke – 102.0 x 84.0mm
- Compression Ratio – 10.0:1
- Fuel Delivery – Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI)
- Ignition – TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission – Yamaha Ultramatic V-belt with all-wheel engine braking; L, H, N, R
- Drive Train – Yamaha On-Command pushbutton; 3-way locking differential; 2WD, 4WD, locked 4WD; shaft drive
- Suspension/Front – Independent double wishbone; 8.1-in travel
- Suspension/Rear – Independent double wishbone; 8.1-in travel
- Brakes/Front – Dual hydraulic disc
- Brake/Rear – Dual hydraulic disc
- Tire/Front – AT25 x 8-12
- Tire/Rear – AT25 x 10-12
- L x W x H – 122.0 x 61.8 x 74.1 in
- Wheelbase – 84.1 in
- Turning Radius – 177.56 in
- Ground Clearance – 11.8 in
- Fuel Capacity – 9.7 gal
- *Wet Weight – 1342 lb
- Bed Capacity – 600 lb
- Towing Capacity – 1500 lb
- Instrumentation – Digital instrument panel boasts multifunction LCD display with speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter, hour meter, 4WD status, transmission position, clock and fuel gauge
- Lighting – N/A
- Color – Hunter Green; Red; Steel
Yamaha Viking MSRP:
- Viking EPS Camo (with suntop) – $13,249
- Viking EPS Red and Hunter Green (with suntop) – $12,699
- Viking EPS Steel Blue – $12,499
- Viking Camo (with suntop) – $12,249
- Viking Red and Hunter Green (with suntop) – $11,699
- Viking Steel Blue – $11,499
About Yamaha Motor Corp., U.S.A.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A., (YMUS), a leader in the motorsports market, makes the toughest, most capable and versatile ATV and Side-by-Side vehicles. The company’s ever expanding product offerings also include motorcycles, outboard motors, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, outdoor power equipment, accessories, apparel and much more. YMUS products are sold through a nationwide network of dealers in the United States.
Headquartered in Cypress, Calif., since its incorporation in 1976, Yamaha also has facilities in Wisconsin and Georgia, as well as factory operations in Tennessee and Georgia. For more information on Yamaha, visit www.yamaha-motor.com.
Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/UTVGuide