Hawthorne, CA— AEM’s Polaris RZR Plug & Play Adapter Kit (PN 30-2216) for the CD-5 Carbon (AVAILABLE MARCH 2018) and CD-7 Digital Dashes (AVAILABLE NOW) combine a full-color daylight readable display with custom templates that will enhance the driving experience for just about any adventurer or hard core racer.
The Polaris RZR Plug & Play Adapter Kit will work with either the CD-7/CD-7L (logging) Digital Dash Displays, or the CD-5 Carbon/CD-5L Carbon Digital Dash Displays. This harness provides a true plug & play connection from a CD Dash to the Polaris RZR’s factory CAN bus through the diagnostic port, and displays all available channels from the RZR’s factory CAN bus system. With a IP65 weatherproof enclosure, full-color daylight-readable screen, four main pages, a dedicated alarm page, included templates for quick startup and more, the CD-7 and CD-5 are the perfect solutions for RZR owners who want to SEE EVERYTHING in the dunes and on the trail.
KEEP THE STOCK DASH OR DELETE IT– IT’S YOUR CHOICE!
AEM’s Polaris RZR Plug & Play Adapter Kit connects to the factory Diagnostic port which provides the option of keeping or removing the factory dash. While the CD Dashes are programmed to activate LEDs and display text warnings if a check engine code is triggered, the stock dash can be retained to view the actual OEM diagnostic trouble code.
RZR SPECIFIC SCREEN LAYOUTS
AEM engineers spent extensive time creating RZR specific layouts in both standard and metric units that are designed to get you out riding with virtually no installation or setup time! These include:
- Four different display pages that include pertinent engine/vehicle data, 12-hour clock, odometer and a digital “floating needle” tachometer with large vehicle speed readout
- Dedicated Alarm page trigger for very high coolant temps
- Race lap timing or navigation page with heading, direction time and altitude (requires AEM GPS [PN 30-2207] or VDM [PN 30-2206], sold separately)
- Vehicle diagnostics page that displays all channels for monitoring/troubleshooting
- Graphic alarm notifications on the four main screens for high coolant temp, low fuel and low battery voltage
- Amber LED warning light triggers for high coolant temp, low fuel and low battery voltage
- Red LED warning light triggers for CEL/MIL
- Green LED neutral safety light
Users also have the ability to create custom layouts using AEM’s free DashDesign software if they desire.
The CD-5 Carbon and CD-7 main harnesses include two independent CAN bus inputs, so virtually any device with a CAN output can be added to your CD-7 RZR display. The CD-7 is validated to support hundreds of 3rd party devices in addition to AEMnet CAN-enabled products, like our 22 Channel CAN Sensor Module (PN 30-2212) for converting analog and digital sensor signals to AEMnet CAN bus (like oil pressure, fuel pressure, boost pressure for aftermarket turbocharged RZRs, EGT, etc.), or our AEMnet-enabled X-Series Inline Wideband controller.
ABOUT THE CD-5 Carbon and CD-7 DIGITAL DASHES
The CD-5 Carbon and CD-7 color digital displays feature super bright, high contrast, sunlight readable five-inch and seven-inch screens that have an integrated glare diffuser and shade hood for readability in the brightest daylight conditions. They are designed to accept channels from CAN bus connections and do not include analog inputs. Seven ultra-bright LEDs span the top of the display housing for RPM and shift light indication. Users can program them to ascend in specific increments based on RPM range, and flash when it is time to shift. Brightness is user programmable on the fixed color LEDs. Two large buttons are included on the face of the display, providing easy page changing and memory resetting, even with driving gloves on. Two additional programmable LEDs are located above the toggle buttons on the sides of the housings.
- Full color five-inch and seven-inch screens with 800×480 resolution
- Direct sunlight readable (1000cd/m2 brightness and anti-glare filter)
- IP65 water resistance allows for operation in boats and Powersports vehicles without worry
- Accepts channels from two separate user programmable CAN bus connections – works with AEMnet enabled devices and 3rd party devices side by side
- Available with or without 200Mb internal logging (up to 1,000Hz/channel)
- Seven programmable pages including four Main pages, Alarm, On-Change and Start-up pages
- Dedicated Alarm page quickly identifies problems (user defined)
- Unique On-Change page can be used to identify map switching for boost, traction, lap times, etc.
- Use included page templates and input your channels and text, or create your own custom page templates
- Free DashDesign Graphics Editor software
- Seven LED RPM/shift light indicators on top of the housing are fully reconfigurable and programmable to suit user needs as indicator lights, warning lights, etc.
- Two programmable LEDs above toggle buttons on sides of housing
- Add AEM’s GPS Module to add GPS for track mapping & lap times, or VDM to add GPS, accelerometer for longitudinal, lateral and vertical G-loads and gyrometer for roll, pitch and yaw
- Odometer function
- Over 200 supplied fully programmable warning icons, and you can add your own\
- Customizable text and warning messages can be added in multiple languages
- ‘Headlight-in’ connection dims the dash and LEDs during night operation
- Two extra switch inputs included for displaying user-triggered events
- User supplied graphics can be changed based on channel values (up to the full screen size)
- Convert CAN bus channel values to user-defined text
Advanced Engine Management’s performance electronics are Engineered to Outperform. The company designs, manufactures and assembles engine management systems, wideband air/fuel systems, data loggers, water/methanol injection systems, performance gauges, boost controllers, ignition components, fuel delivery components and adjustable cam gears at its corporate headquarters in Hawthorne, CA.