Hawthorne, CA— AEM is excited to announce the release of its Polaris RZR Plug & Play Adapter Kit! The kit is comprised of a Plug & Play Adapter Harness (PN 30-2216) for its CD-7 and CD-7L (logging) Digital Dash Displays (PN 30-5500/PN 30-5501 logging) and includes RZR specific screen layouts designed to get you back out riding with virtually no installation or setup time!
This harness provides a true plug & play connection from the CD-7/CD-7L Dash to the Polaris RZR’s factory CAN bus through the diagnostic port and receives all available channels from the factory CAN bus system. With a full-color daylight-readable screen, four main pages, a dedicated alarm page, included templates for quick startup and more, the CD-7 is the perfect solution for RZR owners who want to SEE EVERYTHING in the dunes and on the trail.
RZR SPECIFIC SCREEN LAYOUTS
AEM engineers spent extensive time creating RZR specific layouts in both standard and metric units that will appeal to both weekend enthusiasts and hard core racers. These include:
- Four different display pages that include pertinent engine/vehicle data, 12-hour clock, odometer and a digital “floating needle” tachometer with large vehicle speed readout
- Dedicated Alarm page trigger for very high coolant temps
- Race lap timing or navigation page with heading, direction time and altitude (requires AEM Vehicle Dynamics Module PN 30-2206 or GPS Module PN 30-2207)
- Vehicle diagnostics page that displays all channels for monitoring/troubleshooting
- Graphic alarm notifications on the four main screens for high coolant temp, low fuel and low battery voltage
- Amber LED warning light triggers for high coolant temp, low fuel and low battery voltage
- Red LED warning light triggers for CEL/MIL
- Green LED neutral safety light
Users also have the ability to modify AEM’s layouts or create custom layouts using AEM’s free DashDesign software.
AVAILABLE CHANNELS FROM RZR CAN BUS
Using the Polaris RZR Plug & Play Adapter Harness with the CD-7/CD-7L, users can display and log the following channels:
- Engine Speed
- Vehicle Speed
- Boost (factory turbo RZRs only)
- Battery Volts
- Coolant Temp
- Gear Shifter Position
- Fuel Level
- Fuel Consumption Rate
- Fuel Economy Average
- Fuel Economy Instantaneous
- AWD Status
- Check Engine Light Status
EXPANDABLE THROUGH CAN BUS CONNECTIONS
The CD-7 main harness includes two independent CAN bus inputs, so virtually any device with a CAN output (like an existing logger, wideband air/fuel ratio controller module, programmable ECU or additional sensors using an analog/frequency to CAN converter module) can be added to your CD-7 RZR display. The CD-7 is validated to support hundreds of 3rd party devices in addition to AEMnet CAN-enabled products.
ABOUT THE CD-7 DIGITAL DASH
The CD-7/CD-7L color digital displays feature a super bright, high contrast, sunlight readable display and include an integrated glare diffuser and shade hood so that they are readable in even the brightest daylight conditions. They are designed to accept channels from CAN bus connections and do not include analog inputs. Seven ultra-bright LEDs span the top of the display housing for RPM and shift light indication. Users can program them to ascend in specific increments based on RPM range, and flash when it is time to shift. Brightness is user programmable on the fixed color LEDs. Two large buttons are included on the face of the display, allowing easy page changing and memory resetting even with driving gloves on. These button functions are also duplicated on the rear connector allowing the user to mount remote buttons on the steering wheel if desired. Two additional programmable LEDs are located above the toggle buttons on the sides of the housing.
- Full color 7” screen with 800×480 resolution
- Direct sunlight readable (1000cd/m2 brightness and anti-glare filter)
- IP66 water resistance allows for operation in boats and Powersports vehicles without worry
- Accepts channels from two separate user programmable CAN bus connections – works with AEMnet enabled devices and 3rd party devices side by side
- Available with or without 200Mb internal logging (up to 1000Hz/channel)
- Seven programmable pages including four Main pages, Alarm, On-Change and Start-up pages
- Dedicated Alarm page quickly identifies problems (user defined)
- Unique On-Change page can be used to identify map switching for boost, traction, lap times, etc.
- Use included page templates and input your channels and text, or create your own custom page templates
- Free DashDesign Graphics Editor software
- Seven LED RPM/shift light indicators on top of the housing (programmable and dimmable)
- Two programmable LEDs above toggle buttons on sides of housing
- Available as package with VDM to add GPS for track mapping & lap times, accelerometer for longitudinal, lateral and vertical G-loads and gyrometer for roll, pitch and yaw
- Odometer function
- Over 200 supplied fully programmable warning icons, and you can add your own
- ‘Headlight-in’ connection dims the dash and LEDs during night operation
- Two extra switch inputs included for displaying user-triggered events (blinkers, high beams etc.)
- User supplied graphics can be changed based on channel values (up to the full screen size)
- Convert CAN bus channel values to user-defined text
Advanced Engine Management’s performance electronics are Engineered to Outperform. The company designs, manufactures and assembles engine management systems, wideband air/fuel systems, data loggers, water/methanol injection systems, performance gauges, boost controllers, ignition components, fuel delivery components and adjustable cam gears at its corporate headquarters in Hawthorne, CA.