Following the decision by the Moroccan authorities to suspend all events until further notice in order to combat the propagation of the Coronavirus (COVID19) epidemic, the organisers of the Merzouga Rally are regretfully obliged to cancel the next edition of the rally, which was scheduled to take place from 25 to 29 May 2020, as its organisation could no longer be guaranteed.
Although we are still several weeks away from the event dates, the great investments made by the competitors in their preparation will be partly lost if the situation does not improve and we do not want our participants to run this risk.
Bearing in mind the numerous events postponed until September and October, added to existing events on the Moroccan sports calendar, the Merzouga Rally cannot be postponed, unfortunately.
In the meantime, we invite all rally-raid enthusiasts to get ready for a new edition of the Merzouga Rally from 14 to 18 May 2021.
For those competitors who wish to validate their participation in the next Dakar Rally, we will reflect on an alternative solution. Details will be notified shortly.