POMONA, CALIF. (September 24, 2009) – The 2009 Fall Off-Road Expo presented by Toyota will invade the Pomona Fairplex Friday, October 9 through Sunday, October 11, with everything off-road including new vehicles, thousands of parts and accessories, unbeatable on-site show deals, ATV test rides, freestyle motocross action and more.
“To celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Expo, we have packed the weekend with live action entertainment for the whole family including freestyle motocross, BMX stunt shows and more,” said Show Director Tom Gattuso. “The Expo covers more than 20 acres and is the best place for off-road lovers to come hang out and share their passion with other enthusiasts, enjoy live entertainment, take advantage of special on-site show discounts on hundreds of parts and most importantly – have fun.”
This year’s Expo showcases all the latest off-road toys, technologies, parts, gear and accessories from more than 250 of the industry’s leading manufacturers, dealers and distributors. Off-road manufacturer representatives will be on-site to demonstrate and educate attendees on all the latest vehicles and accessories. In addition to the line-up of trucks, Jeeps, UTVs, ATVs, side-by-sides, dirt bikes, sand rails, rock crawlers, parts and accessories on display, the Expo will come to life with exciting entertainment features including:
- Can-Am ATV Test Rides – This year’s Expo is home to free Can-Am ATV test rides all weekend. Attendees can check out all the various models and even ride a Can-Am ATV or quad on a specially built dirt course. Whether you are an avid ATV enthusiast or just getting into the sport, experts will be on hand to provide all the necessary equipment and instruction needed to experience riding an all-terrain vehicle in a fun environment.
- Freestyle Motocross Action – Freestyle motocross fans are sure to be thrilled and amazed by performances from professional riders all weekend. Riders will astonish attendees with one-of-a-kind gravity defying stunts. Autograph and photo sessions will take place after each performance so fans of all ages can get up-close and personal with their favorite riders.
- National Off-Road Racing Association (NORRA) Vintage Race Vehicle Collection – An extensive collection of rare vintage race vehicles including Actor James Garner’s Oldsmobile Banshee will be on display. NORRA will also collect donations for Rally for Relief, a relief effort to benefit victims of Hurricane Jimena.
- RC Racing – Team Associated and CEN Racing will showcase professional drivers taking scale models of real life vehicles through all the turns on two specially built RC racing courses. Come check out the action and test your reflexes against pro drivers or just take one for a spin.
- BMX Stunt Show – A team of professional BMX riders will demonstrate how extreme one can be without a motor as they fly through the air performing exciting stunts never thought possible on a bike.
- Special Appearances by Professional Off-Road Racers Chad Ragland and Ryan Arciero – Off-road fans won’t want to miss this opportunity to meet two of off-road racing’s biggest names in person at the Expo! Both Ragland and Arciero have raced the Baja 1000 and plan to do so as a team this year as well. They represent the next generation of off-road racing and will greet fans and sign autographs on Saturday, October 10, from 1 to 3 p.m.
- New General Tire Kinetik Trophy Truck Unveiled Live at Expo – Professional Racer and President of Camburg Engineering Jerry Zaiden will unveil his hot new off-road truck live at the Expo.
- Special Appearance by Kawasaki Team Green, Funco UTV Driver Chad George – George (vehicle #624) will greet fans and sign autographs in the UTV Underground booth all weekend.
- Special Appearance by Professional Rock Crawler Clay Egan – Nothing keeps quadriplegic rider Clay Egan from the track! Following a 1994 motorcycle accident, Clay started competing in rock crawling and rock racing and is the first and only quadriplegic in the world to compete professionally in these sports. This motivational superstar will be in the Lightforce booth all weekend sharing his story, greeting fans and signing autographs.
The Off-Road Expo will take place Friday, October 9, from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday, October 10, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and culminate Sunday, October 11, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Held at the Pomona Fairplex, located at 1101 W. McKinley Avenue in Pomona, Calif., admission to the event on-site is $12 for adults, $5 for children 6-12 and children five and younger are free. Lowest ticket prices are available online at www.offroadexpo.com. (Family Four Pack and Weekend Pass options are only available online, not at the box office.)
Advanstar Communications Inc. (www.advanstar.com) is a leading worldwide media company providing integrated marketing solutions for the Fashion, Life Sciences and Powersports Industries. Advanstar serves business professionals and consumers in these industries with its portfolio of 147 events, 68 publications and directories, 267 electronic products and Web sites, as well as educational and direct marketing products and services. Market leading brands and a commitment to delivering innovative, quality products and services enables Advanstar to “Connect Our Customers With Theirs.”