By Jon Crowley
By now, you’ve heard the high level info about the 2020 Polaris RZR Pro XP. This RZR is a completely new design from the ground up with an all new chassis, a new spacious cab and 181 HP. We connected with Pat McArdle at Polaris and got the low down on some of the features that you’ll definitely want to know about.
1. Clutch is completely upgraded and 2x as durable
- Airflow is directed to all four sheaves for better heat dissipation.
- Secondary spins fast to pump more air.
- Primary rollers are larger, more durable and fling debris away from clutch.
- Primary is easier to service in place
2. Clutch cover with retained bolts
- Clutch cover bolts have “keepers” so they stay with the cover.
- Seal has been moved to inside cover so it is much harder to install improperly.
3. Engine has cooling line at top of head to better bleed of trapped air
- Head has cooling line on top in between spark plugs to help get rid of air in cooling system.
- Key off heat dissipates instead of heat soaking
4. Coils now on top of spark plug
- Coil on plug instead of remote mounted ignition.
- No more possibility of spark plug boot not being installed proiperly on plug.
5. Bed removes in 60 seconds with just 4 bolts
- Four torx bolts is all it takes to fully remove bed for access to top of engine.
- Bed is larger that previous RZRs.
- Bed holds 30-inch tire .
- Bed has 8 tie down points around sides, plus handle that can be used as tie down as well.
- Two drains out the back of the bed keep debris from falling on engine.
6. Seats are a new one-piece design
- One-piece shell.
- Cushions broken up for increased air flow.
- Driver’s side has seat new seat slider with more adjustability than any RZR before.
- Driver and passenger seats recline – three positions with two-bolt adjustment.
7. Seats are now latched in four locations
- Seat latch is located on front of seat.
- Seat base latches in two location in the front and clipped into the rear as well for a much more robust mount.
8. Fuel tank is bumped to 12 gallons with vent for faster and more complete fills
- Air vent from inside tank to fill allows air to escape quickly for fast and complete fills.
- Fuel cap is tethered in place so it won’t be misplaced.
9. Ride Command Group Ride feature now uses built-in antenna as well as cell for off-network riding
- New for all 2020 Ride Command is group rides that do not depend on cell service. New communication antenna sends and receives position information for about 1 mile.
10. All-new 12V power distribution makes electronic accessory installation a snap
- 12 volt distribution center under center storage bin.
- Six plugs ready to go with 12V, Switched 12V and ground.
- 6 gauge hot and ground cables also in same location