Salt Lake City, Utah—February 23, 2015—Tread Lightly!, the national nonprofit and leading organization supporting outdoor recreation, has launched the www.JoinTreadLightly.org URL to encourage increased membership in support of its 25th anniversary this year.
JoinTreadLightly.org is a direct link to the organization’s new member page where individuals can sign up for a range of memberships from $25 to $250 per year. Ninety percent of funds that Tread Lightly! raises go directly to supporting its mission of promoting responsible recreation through ethics education and stewardship initiatives.
“Tread Lightly!’s work impacts both land and water and is representative of nearly every form of outdoor recreation,” said Lori McCullough, Tread Lightly!’s executive director. “Growing our member base is a priority that will help Tread Lightly! continue to expand our reach and do more good for the recreational activities that we all enjoy.”
Highlights of how Tread Lightly! leveraged membership and corporate partner donations in 2014 include:
· Tread Lightly! delivered its educational and stewardship message to 40 million outdoor recreationists across the country.
· Tread Trainers dedicated more than 370 volunteer hours spreading Tread Lightly!’s outdoor ethic to an international community of outdoor enthusiasts.
· Tread Lightly!’s Respected Access is Open Access campaign garnered more than 20 million impressions through mass distribution of educational posters and outdoor PSAs.
· Tread Lightly!’s statewide partnership programs – RIDE ON Utah and RIDE ON Wyoming – reached more than 10 million people.
· Tread Lightly! coordinated five Restoration for Recreation volunteer projects that helped directly protect access to public lands.
Tread Lightly!’s ability to span multiple recreation categories – from off-highway vehicles (OHV) to hunting, horseback riding to geocaching – has made it likely the only nonprofit that has an MOU with every federal and state agency in the U.S.
“Tread Lightly! has done great work, and we have even more exciting programs planned for 2015 – we encourage everyone who enjoys our great outdoors to get involved,” McCullough said.
Tread Lightly! members receive various benefits including discounts from partner companies like Falken Tire, Discount Tire, Goal Zero, Chrysler, Jeep, Ram, Dodge, SRT and FIAT. Membership levels and online registration are at www.JoinTreadLightly.org.
About Tread Lightly!
Tread Lightly! is celebrating its 25thanniversary as a national nonprofit organization in October 2015. Founded in 1990 through a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the U.S. Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management, Tread Lightly! promotes responsible outdoor recreation through ethics education and stewardship programs.
Tread Lightly! has more than 60 official partners from various industries and is likely the nation’s only non-profit holding MOUs with every federal and state agency in the U.S. Tread Lightly!’s diverse member base enjoys a wide range of outdoor activities including hunting, angling, camping, boating, biking, four-wheeling and much more. Become a Tread Lightly! partner or member today and start supporting access, education and stewardship at www.treadlightly.org.