2009 Kawasaki Mule 610 4x4
The yardstick of rugged, off-road utility ability
One of the first compact class utility vehicles to provide a driver with
selectable four-wheel drive, the Kawasaki Mule™ 610 4x4 expands upon the
foundation of the Mule™ 600 utility vehicle. It is a truly versatile,
go-anywhere worker—whether in the back of a full-size pickup truck or
utilizing its rugged 4x4 off-road capability—able to haul people and
equipment to almost any worksite. It offers an incredible bang for the buck
at a lower price than many ATVs
At the heart of the Mule 610 4x4 is a single-cylinder engine coupled to a
continuously variable transmission (CVT). The model also features a
dual-mode rear differential, independent front suspension, swing-frame rear
suspension and sealed hydraulic drum brakes.
A spacious cab, curved body panels and a large-diameter steel tube frame
structure—that meets ROPS requirements—present a clean, modern look, with
automotive-type controls and the gear selector that are within easy reach on
the Mule 610 4x4 dashboard. Comfort features include two large cup holders,
a passenger-side glove box and grab handle, and more storage space located
beneath the hood.
The Mule 610 4x4 utilizes a durable air-cooled, single-cylinder 401cc
four-stroke engine with a cooling fan to help maintain an ideal operating
temperature. For 2009, the flap in the rear left tire housing was widened
slightly to minimize mud entering the engine area. Equally important, the
sturdy engine can be started in any gear, provided the brakes are applied,
and starting is easy thanks to an enrichening system that partially opens
the throttle during starting.
The Mule 610 4x4 utility vehicle transfers its power through the CVT, which
features durable materials and a long-lasting drive belt to best deliver the
engine’s power and get it out of a slippery situation. Another enticing
aspect of the Mule 610 4x4 is the selectable four-wheel drive that makes
this vehicle virtually unstoppable thanks to the high and low range forward
and reverse gears. A dependable, low-maintenance shaft drive, lockable
dual-mode rear differential and a limited-slip front differential expand its
traction abilities in adverse terrain.
The Mule 610 4x4 rides on MacPherson strut front suspension, while rear
suspension duties are handled by a unit swing-axle. Triple-sealed hydraulic
drum brakes at all four wheels provide ample stopping power, and large
24-inch tires provide improved off-road handling. A plastic front
differential/axle guard and steel rear differential guard are standard,
helping to protect important powertrain components.
Increasing its work versatility more are the bright 35w headlights and the
400-pound capacity tilting cargo bed, which features tailgate latches that
are easy to fasten quickly and securely. The Mule 610 4x4 can tow up to
1,100 pounds with an optional Kawasaki draw bar. Popular accessories include
an enclosed cab, snow plow, winch, and soft or hard tops. These and many
other Authentic Kawasaki Accessories are available through Kawasaki dealers.
Features at a Glance:
- Best compact off-road 4x4 utility vehicle
- New tread pattern on the large 24-inch tires
- Can be easily transported in the back of a full-size pickup truck
- Can tow up to 1,100 lbs. with optional Kawasaki draw bar
Fan-Cooled, Single-Cylinder Engine
- Simple, lightweight, durable, and quiet 401cc four-stroke engine
- Modern 4-stroke overhead valve design for efficient running and good fuel
- Fan cooling helps the engine maintain an ideal operating temperature
- Choke opens throttle during starting so accelerator pedal does not need to
- Can be started in gear by stepping on brake pedal
Gear Driven Engine Balancer
- Balanced weight opposite the piston cuts vibration dramatically and
minimizes noise and wear
- Maximizes operator comfort, and diminishes fatigue
Environmentally Friendly Emissions
- Carburetor settings cut exhaust emissions
- Positive crankcase ventilation system recycles blow-by gasses to the
intake tract to be burned in the engine
- Muffler has USFS-approved spark arrestor
- California models have a check valve on the fuel tank to charcoal canister
connector hose for preventing gasoline from entering the canister when
operating on inclines or over rough terrain
Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System (KAPS)
- Simple and lightweight CVT is fully automatic and keeps engine speed in
most efficient range for any selected="true"="true"="true"="true" vehicle
speed, load, or terrain
- Fully Automatic Transmission With Selectable 2- or 4-Wheel Drive
- An open-sided drive pulley cools better for longer belt life.
- Belt deflection can easily be adjusted by changing shim thickness of the
adjuster bolt located on the outside of the driven converter
- Cooling air flows in from a vent in the cab frame through a special air
filter, which keeps out water and dust for increased belt life
- Long wearing double cog CVT belt
- Locked mode for maximum traction in difficult conditions
- Unlocked mode decreases turning radius and minimizes ground disturbance -
great for use on grass.
Rack and Pinion Steering
- Rack-and-pinion steering helps to keep steering light and accurate, which
makes maneuvering in tight working quarters a snap
- Durable, simple and easy to maintain
MacPherson Strut Independent Front Suspension
- Comfortable ride and excellent load-carrying capability
- Simple, rugged single A-arm design offers tight turning radius for extra
Unit Swingarm Rear Suspension
- Unique design places engine and rear wheels on a sub-frame with a
- Isolates vibration
- Can handle heavy loads, yet provides comfortable ride with an empty cargo
- New tread pattern on the large 24-inch tires improve off-road traction,
ride quality and reduce tire wear
- Self-Adjusting, Hydraulic drum brakes at all four wheels provide ample
- Front grille includes space for mounting a 3000-pound capacity winch
- Compact, lightweight, and easy to transport to the job, easily fitting in
the bed of a full-sized pickup
- Bench seat is spacious and comfortable for two
- Durable plastic body panels resist dents and color is molded in for long
lasting good looks
- Meets federal Roll Over Protective Structure (ROPS) requirements for
wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4, and 7.5, and also meets
FMVSS 216 roof crush resistance requirement
- Two Seat Belts
- Speed limited to 25 mph
- Large storage tub under the hood with four D-rings to secure the load
- Passenger side glove box
- Cup holders located at each side of the front hood by the dash
Tilting Cargo Bed
- Steel cargo bed can carry up to 400 pounds and tilts for quick unloading
- Thick tailgate panel and secure latching tailgate locking pins reduce
vibration and noise, and adds durability
- Crankcase oil level dipstick
- Dual element air cleaner
- CVT cover has a convenient drain plug
- Automotive style dash designed for ease of use with easy reach controls
- Standard equipment hour meter makes maintenance intervals easy to track
- Fuel gauge
- Oil temperature warning light
- Gear selector for HI, Low, Neutral, and Reverse
- Differential locking lever
- Convenient parking brake
- Headlight switch for powerful and stylish 35w headlights
Popular Accessory Items
- Soft or Hard Top
- Enclosed Cab
- Snow Plow
2009 Kawasaki Mule™ 610 Specifications:
- Engine: Four-stroke, air-cooled single
- Displacement: 401cc
- Bore x stroke: 82 x 76mm
- Compression ratio: 8.6:1
- Carburetor: Nikki 6C1026
- Air filter: Snorkel-type with two-stage dry replaceable element
- Oil filter: Automotive-type spin-on canister
- Ignition: Magneto and transistor
- Electrical: 12V DC, 14 amp-hour battery, alternator
- Transmission: Continuously variable transmission with high and low
range, plus reverse
- Final drive: Shaft-driven selectable four-wheel drive, dual-mode rear
- Exhaust: Muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor
- Front tires: 24x9-10 tubeless
- Rear tires: 24x11-10 tubeless
- Front suspension / wheel travel: MacPherson strut / 3.1 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: Unit swing axle / 3.1 in.
- Steering: Rack-and-pinion
- Brakes: Four-wheel hydraulic drums, triple sealed
- Fuel capacity: 4.1 gal.
- Curb weight: 1,010 lbs.
- Overall length: 107.1 in.
- Overall width: 52.6 in.
- Overall height: 70.9 in.
- Wheelbase: 70.0 in.
- Ground clearance: 6.7 in.
- Roll over protective structure (ROPS): This structure meets ROPS
requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, and 7.5 and
also meets FMVSS 216 Roof Crush resistance requirement
- Cargo bed dimensions (LxWxH): 41.1 x 35.4 x 9.6 in. / 10.9 cu. ft.
- Load capacity: 926 lbs.
- Cargo bed capacity: 400 lbs.
- Towing capacity: 1,100 lbs.
- Turning radius: 10.8 ft.
- Top speed: 25 mph, governed
- Instruments: Oil temperature meter, hour meter, 35w headlights,
taillight and stoplight
- Color choices: Woodsman Green, Dark Royal Red
- MSRP: $7,099
With the application of the REALTREE™ Hardwoods Green® HD™
camouflage, the Kawasaki Mule™ 610 4x4 (Camo) adds another dimension to the
versatile Mule™ 610 4x4. The compact utility vehicle and its selectable
four-wheel drive make this the ideal tool for the adventurous hunter; able
to haul people and equipment almost anywhere, regardless of how remote.
Enhancing its flexibility is its size and the ability to transport it in the
back of a full-size pickup truck.
Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
PO Box 25252
Santa Ana, CA 92799-5252
Kawasaki Utility Vehicles