With its superior handling, secure feel and comfortable ride, the all-new Honda Big Red is destined to be the MUV of choice for both utility and recreation. Its multiple patents and numerous automotive-based technology features separate it from all other contenders.
- Honda’s liquid-cooled four-stroke single-cylinder fuel-injected 675cc OHV engine provides abundant torque and dependable power.
- Honda’s automotive-style automatic transmission draws power through a hydraulic torque converter to drive three forward gears and Reverse.
- Big Red features Honda’s fully independent double-wishbone suspension for comfortable cruising.
- Exclusive Natural Gear Camouflage color scheme offers a pattern that’s soft, open and shadow-free for superior camouflage performance in a wide variety of conditions.
- Powerful OHV liquid-cooled, PGM-fuel-injected 675cc, mid-engine design.
- Automotive-style, three-speed automatic transmission with Reverse.
- Convenient, dash-mounted drive selector.
- Selectable drive modes include: 2WD with open rear differential for sensitive terrain/lawns, 4WD with rear differential lock and 4WD with all differential lock.
- High-capacity liquid cooling provides consistent engine operating temperature in extreme conditions for maximum power output and long engine life.
- Lightweight aluminum radiator is mounted high to avoid clogging by mud and damage from trail debris.
- Liquid-cooled oil cooler aids engine heat dispersion while also speeding engine warm-up on cold days.
- Camshaft is located adjacent to the cylinder head, reducing engine height for a low center of gravity and excellent handling.
- Four-valve cylinder head with two short pushrods provides a broad powerband for optimum performance and engine efficiency.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) features 40mm throttle body, 12-hole two-pattern injector and Idle Air Control Valve (IACV).
- IACV maintains consistent idle in all conditions.
- Reliable cold-weather starting.
- Consistent engine performance at high altitudes.
- Engine design produces low emissions and meets California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
- Stainless steel exhaust system provides superior corrosion resistance and minimizes noise levels.
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler.
Honda Automatic Transmission
- The automotive-style Honda automatic transmission features a hydraulic torque converter, three hydraulic clutches and an Electronic Control Module (ECM) to automatically select one of three forward gears and one reverse gear. The ECM monitors throttle opening, vehicle speed, engine rpm, gear selector position, brake application and engine oil temperature.
- The Honda automatic transmission shifts electronically and features positive engine braking that is superior to electronic braking systems that can result in inconsistent performance.
- Features a filtration system to protect against external contamination. The compact and maintenance-free design means there are no belts to wear out and replace. Using multi-filtered engine oil as hydraulic fluid, the design also simplifies maintenance and ensures an adequate oil supply in all operating conditions.
- Independent double-wishbone suspension contributes to an exceptional 10.3 inches of ground clearance.
- Independent double-wishbone suspension with high-quality variable-damping shock absorbers provides 5.9 inches of front travel and 7.1 inches in the rear.
- Specially designed 25 x 10-12 front and rear tires provide added ground clearance while eliminating the need for multiple spares during extreme use.
- Four-wheel hydraulic disc brakes with a balanced automotive-style design that ensures front and rear braking even if one brake line fails for some unexpected reason.
- Roomy cab and rubber-mounted bucket seats with adjustable backs comfortably fit a wide range of body types and reduce fatigue on long drives.
- Waterproof accessory socket is ideally placed between the bucket seats for easy access to 12-volt power.
- 3-point Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) seat belts are similar to automotive type.
- Automotive-type right-hand-operated parking brake for secure peace of mind in off-road situations with a full load.
- In-cab glove box and dash storage for quick access to small items.
- Uniquely designed, four-pillar, six-piece 41.3mm (1.6 inch diameter) Occupant Protection Structure (OPS).
- Heavy-duty two-inch receiver-style hitch with 1200-pound towing capacity.
- 500-pound capacity steel tilt bed is protected by an automotive-bumper-grade plastic liner. The tilt bed also features a progressive-action strut assist.
- Front and rear disc brake calipers feature a patented built-in scraper system that helps prevent the buildup of debris between caliper and rim, ensuring consistent braking performance.
- Automotive-type fuel system shut-off and seat belt release mechanisms are designed to protect and facilitate occupants in the event of an inadvertent tip-over.
- Multi-reflector headlight system and LED brake light and taillight provide optimal light illumination for nighttime activities.
- Maintenance-free 12-volt 12-amp battery.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
- Keyed ignition/starter switch for added security.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Riders Club of America® (HRCA®). Visit www.hrca.honda.com for details.