Introducing the all-new Can-Am Commander MAX 1000 side-by-side, which features comfortable, stadium-style seating for four grown adults; this vehicle offers the most innovative and versatile rec-utility performance in the industry. Based on the successful Can-Am Commander 800R and 1000 two-seat side-by-side vehicles, the Commander MAX platform features a 29.5-inch (75mm) longer wheelbase and unmatched comfort for the rear passengers. Available in both a DPS and XT package, the Commander MAX measures 147.8 inches (375.4cm) long and 58.6 inches (148.8cm) wide and comes in three colors (including camouflage). It also includes Dynamic Passenger Comfort, rear stadium seating and also has large 220mm front brakes. The new side-by-side also features Tri-Mode Dynamic Power Steering, enhanced heat reduction in the cockpit, updated rear differential, ECO mode and a 3-D analog / digital background that all Commander vehicles received for 2014. The extremely versatile and capable side-by-side retains its proven and durable makeup, including its industry-exclusive Dual-level cargo box, Rotax 1000 EFI V-Twin engine, TTI rear suspension, D.E.S.S., Visco-Lok QE front differential, 1,500-pound towing capacity, 10-gallon (37.8 litres) fuel tank and much more. All Commander vehicles are ROHVA, CARB, EPA and OSHA compliant.
COMMANDER MAX 1000 DPS FAMILY HIGHLIGHTS
- Rotax 1000 EFI V-Twin engine
- EPA / CARB compliant design
- Intelligent Throttle Control (iTC™)
- New ECO mode
- CVT transmission
- New rear differential
- Double A-arm front suspension with dive-control geometry
- TTI rear suspension
- 11-inch (27.9 cm) ground clearance
- Tri-Mode Dynamic Power Steering
- Visco-Lok QE
- 214mm disc brakes with twin-piston calipers
- 27-inch (68.6cm) Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 tires
- 14-inch (35cm) cast aluminum wheels
- Dynamic Passenger Comfort
- Stadium-style rear seats
- Passenger handholds and grab bars
- Easy-clip side nets for all passengers and driver
- 3-point seatbelts with anti-cinch for all passengers and driver
- Dual, off-road cup holders for both front and rear seating areas
- Dual-level™ cargo box
- Reduced heat in cockpit
- 1,928 cubic inches (31.6 liters) cockpit storage
- 1,500-pound (680kg) towing capacity
- 2-inch (5.1cm) rear hitch receiver
- Low-noise cockpit
- Comfort seats with sit-in fore / aft driver adjustment
- Removable, freestanding seats
- Adjustable tilt steering
- 240-watt lighting
- 10-gallon (37.8 litres) fuel tank
- 625-watt magneto
- Easy-to-use maintenance center
- 2-inch (5.1 cm) diameter, high strength steel, ROPS-approved cage
- Standard & Performance D.E.S.S. Keys
- Yellow plastic
Can-Am Commander MAX 1000 DPS / XT
The new Can-Am Commander MAX 1000 DPS has a 29.5-inch (75 mm) longer wheelbase (29.5 in. / 75 mm) and seating for four adults as compared to the two-seat Commander. Outfitted with Dynamic Passenger Comfort, which includes dual handholds, stadium-style seating and industry-leading comfort for its rear occupants, the Commander MAX is also available in an XT package. Both Commander MAX models use the proven 976cc Rotax V-Twin engine; Tri-Mode Dynamic Power Steering, Double A-arm front suspension and TTI rear suspension.
The Commander MAX can tow up to 1,500 pounds (680 kg) and carry 600 pounds (463 kg) in the dual-level cargo box. The Commander MAX DPS and XT are offered in Yellow.
The XT package, which includes a WARN winch, front bumper, mud guards and more, is also offered in painted Pure Magnesium Metallic and NEXT G-1 Vista camouflage.
For more information on the entire Can-Am off-road lineup of ATVs and side-by-side vehicles, please visit www.Can-AmOffroad.com.
Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. (BRP)
Sea-Doo, Ski-Doo, Lynx, Evinrude, Can-Am, Spyder, Rotax, Commander, DPS, Dual-Level and the BRP logo are trademarks of Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. or its affiliates. Visco-Lok, Maxxis, WARN, Garmin and other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/UTVGuide