The all-new Defender MAX XT Cab HD10 arrives with a premium full cab enclosure from the factory and all the dependable and clever Defender family engineering benefits. On top of all the Defender MAX XT features as standard equipment, the new MAX XT Cab HD10 unit’s cab includes a full glass windshield, wiper/washer kit, full doors with electric windows (front) and hinged windows (rear), hard roof with liner, an interior dome light and a sliding rear glass window. The cab kit was optimized for enhanced quality and to create a true 100 percent enclosed system.
Along with full-seal cab, the onboard, factory-installed integrated heat management system was updated to better separate hot air and cool air. New front arched A-arms increase the XT Cab package’s track width as well as 11-in. ground clearance. Add in a new stabilizer and the Defender side-by-side is more capable in the challenging terrain.
The redesigned XT Cab package, available with either the Rotax HD10 or HD8 engines, was optimized for enhanced quality and to create a true, fully enclosed Cab system. Along with full-seal cab, the onboard, factory-installed XT Cab kit includes an integrated heat management system was improved to better separate hot air and cool air. The kit also includes new front arched A-arms and sway bar to enhance handling.
Along with a true 11-in. (28 cm) ground clearance, the new A-arms also add more overall width.
– NEW Full glass tilt up windshield with wiper and washer kit – The full, high-grade glass windshield is durable and highly scratch resistant. It also includes a wiper and washer kit with a 0.4-Gal. (1.9 L) reservoir for improved visibility in wet weather or muddy conditions. The windshield can also be tilted up (three positions) and outward to increase airflow to the occupants during mild conditions. The switch allowing for opening and tilting the front window was enhanced for increased reliability.
– NEW Full doors with electric opening windows – The Can-am Defender XT Cab features full doors to enclose the occupants within the cab. The comfortable and spacious cabin also offers the occupants protection from the elements an, with an integrated heater, warmth in cool regions. The durable doors have electronic opening windows, much like a pick-up truck. For 2018, Can-Am engineers have added new steel wire door limiter strap for improved function and durability. They also updated the door seals to create a more perfected seal, which also enhanced the opening and closing of the cab doors in the process.
– NEW Rear glass with sliding opening – A new rear glass window uses new stiffer rear panel mounting points for easier operation when opening it. The sliding opening on the rear window allows for airflow through the cab on warm days and provides quick access to items in the cargo bed.
– NEW Integrated heater kit – The factory-installed, integrated heater system has been optimized for better performance in the cold and for use during other seasons as well. New isolating foam ensures a true 100 percent seal. When the heater is set to “cool,” new, one-way valves on the heater prevent coolant from circulating. Additionally, the cooling routing was reconfigured and larger routing components were used to expand the kit’s overall heating capacity.
– NEW Full hard roof with liner and dome light – A durable, heavy-duty plastic roof with an integrated liner protects the occupants from elements while giving the Defender XT Cab units a custom appearance and unbeatable fit-and-finish. A new standard dome light helps illuminate the cab during low-light situations.
– NEW XT Bumper – A durable, powder-coated black front bumper enhances the XT Cab vehicle’s fascia while also adding protection.
– Premium color options – The Defender XT Cab HD10 and XT Cab HD8 vehicles are available in a painted Intense Red, painted Pure Magnesium and the optional, industry-
exclusive water-dipped Mossy Oak Break-Up Country Camo.
The Defender MAX XT package offers two very capable true-work powerplant options. The 72-hp Rotax HD10 V-Twin is specifically tuned for serious work but also offers 61 lb-ft torque and peak torque at lower RPM for optimal delivery for recreational use. The work-focused Rotax HD8 V-Twin delivers 50 hp and 50 lb-ft torque for tough tasks.
The Dual VERSA-PRO bench seats offered on the XT package includes a truck-like flip-up passenger seats with a front sealed/waterproof under seat storage. It uses a reinforced seat cover with thicker vinyl and a special material finish to be more resistant and offer a premium look. The Defender MAX vehicles’ high-quality seat cover is designed to endure the everyday use on the farm, job site and trail. In addition, the XT driver seat features 3-in (8 cm) of adjustability (forward/rearward) for added comfort and better entrance / exit.
The open dash design features a handy removable and water-resistant 1.7 gal (6.3 L) toolbox, an industry exclusive, to allow users to carefully carry tools and supplies their need in an organized manner. In addition, it includes 6 gal (23 L) of under dash storage with an enclosed pocket, perfect for stowing small essentials. Combined with the removable and waterproof under seat storage box, the Defender MAX proposes a total of 16.9 gal. (63.9 L) of storage solutions.
BRP (TSX:DOO) is a global leader in the design, development, manufacturing, distribution and marketing of powersports vehicles and propulsion systems. Its portfolio includes Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-Doo watercraft, Can-Am off-road and Spyder vehicles, Evinrude and Rotax marine propulsion systems as well as Rotax engines for karts, motorcycles and recreational aircraft. BRP supports its line of products with a dedicated parts, accessories and clothing business. With annual sales of CA$4.2 billion from over 100 countries, the Company employs approximately 8,700 people worldwide.