|2015 Arctic Cat Prowler 1000 XT EPS|
Boasting all-new, automotive inspired features and convenience, the 2015 Arctic Cat Prowler 1000 XT EPS steps up when other machines step aside. It’s the ultimate in side-by-side power, performance and passenger comfort, with new-for-2015 bodywork and rider-friendly engineering.
|Under hood 3.0-cu.-ft. box|
The new body design features an automotive style hood with a 3.0-cu.-ft. box capable of holding 25 lbs. of payload. Matching the premium Surlyn bodywork is a new dash and console layout featuring a large glovebox, center cubby and dash-mounted shift lever.
The whole design is accented with a new LED/halogen headlight system that provides improved lighting options and pioneering style points.
With improved occupant comfort a primary goal for the redesigned Prowler XT line, Arctic Cat delivered enriched ergonomics and expanded occupant space throughout the machine. All-new low-profile shoulder and foot restraints ease vehicle entry and exit while providing 3.125 in. of additional shoulder space for both occupants. A new fully variable tilt steering wheel provides an additional 3.0 in. of usable clearance for the driver’s legs, while more ergonomically friendly gas and brake pedals enhance driving comfort.
|H2 1000 V-Twin Engine|
The Arctic Cat Prowler 1000 is powered by the burliest engine in its class: the H2 V-Twin featuring EFI and a new closed-loop engine management system with improved performance and mileage. That class-leading power and torque feed the Duramatic Automatic transmission, which offers High/Low/Reverse/Park and dynamic engine breaking. The front locking 4WD differential is activated with an all-in one 2WD/4WD/Differential rocker switch button for quick and simple shifts.
Thanks to its driver-friendly Variable Assist Electronic Power Steering (EPS) the hard-working Prowler changes direction easily and with confidence, whether it’s with a cargo box loaded with 600 lbs. of rock, plowing snow or navigating tough obstacles like rocks, deep mud or logs. The result is a light steering input effort, but with enough feedback so the driver senses the tire contact patch in relation to the terrain.
|Double A-arm Front Suspension with 10″ of Wheel Travel|
The Prowler XT chassis includes fully-independent, double A-arm front and rear suspensions boasting 10 in. of travel, 10 in. of ground clearance, and a rear mounted swaybar for enhanced ride quality. A rugged, composite tilting cargo box offering 600 lbs. of payload capacity and a pickup style tailgate backs up a ROPS-certified and Wildcat-inspired round tube canopy.
|2015 Arctic Cat Prowler Dash|
|2015 Arctic Cat Prowler|
- All-new hood, bodywork and console for improved styling, greater usability and better ergonomics.
- New automotive-style hood features a new, more usable 3.0-cu.-ft. under-hood storage space (compared to 2.5-cu.-ft. for the previous space); an auto-style latch; integrated prop for keeping the hood open; weather-resistant sealing; and simplified access to the headlight adjusters, brake reservoir and radiator.
- All body panels are now made from Surlyn, a premium quality plastic with molded-in color that maintains a higher quality finish.
- New fully variable tilt steering mechanism offers greater overall range, infinite adjustability and increased room for driver entry and exit. The new design provides 3 in. additional legroom in the fullup position when compared to the previous model.
- New headlight system features a combination of LED and halogen bulbs for increased lighting options and improved light output. A four-position switch offers Off; LED Accent; Low Beam with LED Accent; and High beam with LED Accent.
- New dash layout features larger, 539-cu.-in. glovebox (compared to 234-cu.-in. for the previous box) plus an additional center-located, cubby space for small items such as electronic devices.
- New occupant restraint system features lower-profile metal shoulder and foot restraints that ease vehicle entry/exit, with greater overall comfort. The new shoulder restraints provide 3.125 in. of additional space for each occupant.
- New side-restraints feature a handle-lock (instead of a seatbelt-style buckle) for simplified access.
- New dash-mounted shift lever provides a more ergonomically friendly shift motion, delivering surer shifts.
- New closed-loop EFI system with catalyst exhaust provides 25 percent improved fuel economy and lower CO emissions for optimal performance in all conditions.
- New gas and brake pedals provide more comfortable heel on-the-floor operation.
- The fuse box and been relocated under the dash console (instead of under the seat) for easier and simplified access.
- New 3-point seat belts are more comfortable and simplify operation.
- Revised, softer shock calibration improves overall riding comfort.
- New digital gauge
Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/UTVGuide