Further enhancing the capabilities of the Teryx 750 FI 4×4, the Sport model adds a fully adjustable, high-performance suspension and lightweight aluminum wheels to the mix of this already proven platform. The suspension’s tunability complements the 749cc V-twin’s power, adding up to serious off-road performance.
Power, is of course, at the heart of the matter when it comes to a performance machine like the Teryx Sport, and when it comes to power no other RUV can touch this one’s 749cc 90-degree four-valve-per-cylinder V-twin: Not only is this engine plenty powerful, its 90-degree configuration gives it perfect primary balance, for unmatched smoothness at any rpm—plus a great exhaust note that sets the Teryx apart from lesser RUVs.
Its wide chassis provides high rigidity, making it the perfect base for performance riding. The design helps enhance vehicle stability, while providing plenty of shoulder and leg room to accommodate two full-sized adults. It’s still narrow enough to fit in the bed of a truck, easing transport to a favorite riding spot.
- Liquid-cooled, 749cc SOHC, four-valve-per-cylinder, fuel-injected, 90-degree V-twin engine provides excellent power and ample torque output, contributing to the Teryx Sport’s superb acceleration
- High performance suspension features a narrow frame to maximize the length of the front and rear suspension’s lower A-arms, contributing to the Teryx’s excellent handling traits, while the fully adjustable piggyback reservoir shocks allow tuning of spring preload, compression and rebound damping
- Digital fuel injection enhances throttle response, automatically adjusts for changes in temperature and elevation, and permits easy engine starting
- Continuously variable transmission features high and low ranges, reverse gear, a very direct feel from the engine, and instantaneous acceleration – ideal characteristics for sport riding
- Highly rigid wide-body chassis provides a great ride, light weight and mid-engine placement – a perfect combination for sport riding
- Limited-slip front differential reduces steering effort under normal four-wheel drive operation, while Variable Front Differential Control permits rider to distribute torque equally to left and right front wheels for maximum traction
- Two- or four-wheel-drive operation selectable by pressing a dash-mounted switch
- Dual front 200mm disc brakes gripped by 27mm twin-piston calipers and Kawasaki’s sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc rear brake system provide maximum stopping power in all conditions
- Gas-assisted tilting cargo bed offers substantial cargo room, and features a 500-pound capacity, tie down hooks in all four corners, and standard cargo net
The high-performance suspension and wheels enhance the Sport’s off-road ability through seriously rough terrain. So whether you’re hammering along a rocky, bumpy desert two-track or hightailing it on a narrow, rocky trail in the woods, the Sport makes short work of the nasty terrain so drivers can focus on the fun.
The long A-arm double-wishbone suspension design reduces camber changes for responsive steering at all times.
A rear torsion bar adds to the Teryx’s suspension performance and overall rideability.
The wide-track design frame uses large-diameter, thin-walled tubing to combine tremendous rigidity with light weight. And the upper frame adds great looks, while providing enough room inside to fit two full-sized adults in a comfortable but supportive pair of bucket seats with retractable three-point seat belts.
This reduction in unsprung weight gives a performance boost you can feel.
Upgraded last year in several ways, including new front-end styling, a forward-tilting hood, improved engine cooling, an even sturdier tilting bed out back and a host of detail improvements, the Teryx Sport is sure to remain a favorite.
Another great feature is the Teryx’s fully automatic transmission, with high and low ranges, plus reverse. It provides a direct feel from the engine and instantaneous acceleration – ideal characteristics for sport riding.
The limited-slip front differential reduces steering effort under normal four-wheel drive operation, while Variable Front Differential Control permits the rider to distribute torque equally to left and right front wheels for maximum traction via a hand lever located between
The discs are tucked inside the wheels, where they’re protected from debris. The sealed, oil-bathed multi-disc rear brake system provides maximum stopping power in almost any condition along with reduced maintenance thanks to its being completely sealed from outside contaminants.
The Teryx Sport can also tow 1,300 pounds, further increasing its utility.